Thursday, August 28, 2014

800s & 3k Tempo Combo Set at Farm Cove.

Well Chairman Tommy H and C.E.O Militant Mikey might be top of the tree when it comes to making the tough calls in the corporate world but you wouldn’t have thought so as it took about 1001 emails to be circulated before they could make a decision on where/what the session was going to be today due to the wet weather that was making Rushcutters more than a challenge.
In the end it was decided 5 x 800s and a 3ks tempo combination was the go starting outside the Opera House gates, I tried hard to measure out the 800s but struggled as I had an esky in tow as well.
Good group out and I led out the 2nd group that also included Razor Wareham, Mikey, Todd, Angus J.W and a few others – found it about 40 metres short in truth as I came across in 2.33. The return was quicker as I noticed a tail wind coming back.
Held the same pace on the 3rd rep although I did tuck in behind Mikey for protection, and repeated the 2nd reps time on the 4th. Managed to hold the pace on the last one before cruising back to the O.H gates to regroup where we then had another standoff as to where the 1.5k turnaround was going to be for the 3ks tempo that followed.
Order restored and we were off again, settled OK holding 3.39 pace around Farm Cove, labored up the little hill at Mrs. Macs Chair but got to the turnaround in good time, and knew then I could hold that pace especially with a tailwind to help out.
Happy enough to stop the clock with 3ks showing on the GPS in 11.02 – 3.39 per min/ks
Times for the day were, 2.33, 2.30, 2.33, 2.29. 2.32 –
3k rep 11.02 (3.39s)

Once finished I did the Ice challenge that has taken the world by storm – Got nominated by Dave Kanser, Pretty ordinary to be honest but that’s because I had to carry a bloody esky some 3ks to the start line and I wasn’t going to carry a tonne of water around. Still, if mine was average this is the best I’ve come across – Taffy’s New girlfriend
*** Please note, if easily offended DO NOT WATCH


For the record I’ve nominated Enda Stankard and Lisa Bowman from the HuRTS group and a good friend from back home.

Rest day tomorrow, although I should get out and do a few ks and may see if Tommy H and the lads are around ?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment