Tuesday, August 12, 2014

HuRTS 4 x 10 minute efforts.

Even allowing for a cold day in Sydney town and post City to Surf there was a big crowd for the HuRTS 4 x 10 minute session at lunch (although I reckon we had about 50% never finishing the session). Good to see the likes of Quentin, C.T , Crossy, Tom, Tucks. Fats all backing up and Mikey was back out testing the ‘Hammy’ once more. No sign of Enda or Barts though and I fear that could be the end of them for the immediate future with their heads totally mixed up in the aftermath from Sunday.
Despite a big crowd I think everyone was taking the same cautious approach today, as apart from Crossy and Quentin we all seemed to be running and chatting together for the first rep just sitting under 4 min/ks. The return is always harder back up the hills but was happy to get back with 5 seconds to spare.  Amazingly the legs were feeling OK and on the 3rd rep pushed the pace a little more, and on completion had Tom and Tucks standing beside me, told them then they had to get me back home in under 10 minutes to help me out. Straight away the pace picked up even more around the flats as we tried to ‘bank time’ seemed to struggle up near the A.B.C Pool but was still ticking along OK, that last little climb before the freeway nearly got the better of me but in the process we picked up Pete Walker that also helped and with a few encouraging words from the boys I was happy to get back to the Stone Gates in 9.51
Pace and distance for the 4 were:
3.52 min/ks  2.6k
3.47 min/ks  back in 9.55
3.47 min/ks 2.65k
3.43 min/ks back in 9.51

I’ll take that one and felt pretty good throughout and strangely enough without getting ahead of myself can feel a little confidence coming back. Still. I may take tomorrow off and rest up before rejoining the team on Thursday.

With winning team captain 'Muzza' and some of his 'Yule' team.


NEW Star Renee, after walking out the E.Y tent stealing the C.E.Os birthday cake



The First Sign, The Chairmans eyes are starting to go, alongside Taffy Lad and Claude Van Dam.



Skippy Heyden giving Enda a few tips on how to run a good City to Surf.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment