Friday, November 29, 2013

WANTED, Training Partners......Apply Within

Well for the umpteenth time this week I was let down once more by my so called training partners (starting to get an inferior complex), Today again it was Old Kanser who was once more to have an many amber nectar to many last night and was unable to front up for our regular 5k hit out around Centennial Park, With Taffy also absent on NEW date duties it was left to me to do the hard yards myself.
I did the normal flat 4k warm up and really wasn’t looking forward to the next 19 minutes but decided to give it a go all the same. Went out a lot slower then last week with the aim of not dying as much on the second half of the run and went through the first 1k at 3.42 pace, Managed to hold the 2nd one as well and surprised for the first time going faster on the 3rd, The 4th is always that much harder but just wanted to hang in there and was happy to repeat the 5th k at the same time as the first.
18.34 for today in the end – not as fast as last weeks 18.20 but felt more comfortable today and more consistent across the board, also added that I had to run it by myself
The k splits as I got them were: 3.42, 3.40, 3.39, 3.48, and 3.42
Getting more confident that I can run a sub 18 now in right conditions (and with some training partner help), I must try to get over to the Curl Curl race to prove it on an easier course.

Had the Chairman on the phone pretty much straight after the run wanting to see how I went – Or more to the point seeing how I compared to the Official Irish Number 1 Runner Macca McClarnon who like me is on the comeback trail, Heard he run a 18.41 so it looks like it could be close ……….Although I think my course is tougher (and perhaps longer), Still I’d never back against the toughness of Macca anytime.

So, NO training partners this week, ALL let me down at some point over the past 7 days. Very Disappointing L I might have to ask Mikey if I can place an Ad in the HuRTS classified to help me find some new play mates.
I am out tomorrow for the usual Sunday run and one person I know WON’T let me down is HuRTS #1 Lady Laura who I’ve arranged to meet at 7am………..And I bet she wont be late either, Wonder if she’ll even bring some Scones?

Have a good one; don’t forget to back Everton tonight J
Cheers

1 comment:

  1. 7am late start Timmy. better to have those 1k reps consistent than too fast at the start and a fade in the middle. You should be right by Feb Striders.

    ReplyDelete