Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Running with the Hardmen

The rain finally stopped this morning but it was bloody humid as I thought I’d knock out a few ks with the BRAT Hardmen that run around posing every Wednesday morning.
Saw Kanser prior to that looking like 'death warmed up' as he struggled to do his long run solo, I was going to join him but he only had a flat loop to do so decided to run ahead,
Wasn't long before 'Hilly's (John) Merry Men came floating along and soon got the chat going with Enda, poor old (sometimes) HuRTS boy (and original Hardman) J.C was in all sorts of strife, I know when he's struggling as he offers nothing in the slagging department.......He was mute for about 20 minutes, and even cut it short avoiding the Woollahra Hill as well....... Shameful
Enda was the next to depart for work and that left me with the honour of running with Hilly himself, who was to spend the next lap or so telling me what tri's he's won over the past 29 years. Still it passed time I suppose and happy to be able to do 15ks for the morning - average pace around 4.37s
Legs felt very tired this morning and I think yesterdays 800s took more out of me then I realised, hopefully I can get a bit of spring back in time for tomorrows 400s at Rushcutters.

Returned home again this morning to see another poor result from Wembley, getting turned over by a second string German team 0-1 at Wembley, First time we've been beat twice at home on the spin in over 36 years doesn't spell good news ahead of Rio 2014
Still keep the faith.
Anyway on to more immediate matters closer to home. The Ashes begins tomorrow up at the Gabba, Personally I think it will be a lot closer then the 3-0 score line was in the English summer, but still think we can win it. As stated before I can't see where the runs are coming from for the Aussies if Captain Clarke doesn't fire. Watson is liability and won’t see the series through, whereas England has 5 -6 potential match winners.
Timmy's Tip - Take the Poms to RETAIN the Ashes - 2-1
First Test prediction - Draw


More of the same please boys - Final game at the SCG last time around.



Lets hope my mate Mitchell Johnson is playing - great entertainment for the travelling fans



Alongside former captain Michael Vaughan at the Paragon -celebrating another Ashes victory (look he even stole one of Fat's shirts) :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment