Thursday, November 14, 2013

HuRTS Hickson 1.2ks with the 4 Nations


With the J.P Morgan race on the Wednesday evening it was decided by the powers that be (Mikey) to delay the normal Thursday session by 24 hours to Friday in order to help recovery for all those that run.
Normally a swim day for me but feel as if I need to focus more on the run leg at the moment so headed into town for what is still regarded as the toughest of the sessions – the original 1.2k Hickson Road Reps
Small but elite crowd today that saw the 4 Nations well represented (plus Mikey) , with Enda (Irish) , Taffy (Welsh) and the Sweaty Sock(Craig) turning out,  Lady Laura, who I’m sure has a little English in her ( or at least wants some), Elle, MrAce, BenTen, Jeet and a few others were also in attendance.
Enda was first away, followed by Ben, and Mikey with me hanging in a few seconds behind, certainly wasn’t full pelt but was still sitting under 3.30 pace to come in on 4.08, Second was the same although Mikey pulled up short by 25 meters (for some reason) , and I followed suit? Third rep was my fastest as I hung on to Taffy, with Laura breathing down my neck the whole way. Lost it a little on the 4th as Laura was all of a sudden now ahead, as I battled it out with MrAce. Enda called time after the 4th as his 4 hour beer lunch was just about to start and he doesn’t like to miss out. I then hung in and just worked off Ben and Jimmy for the 5th trying hard to keep the time consistent with the others.
Rep Times were, 4.08, 4.02 (short), 4.04, 4.09, and 4.09
I’ll take that, All under 3.27 pace per/k and looking back to Tuesday’s 1k reps I was struggling just to hold 3.34s – so hopefully heading in the right direction.

A little quieter weekend coming up (hopefully), Will try to get out in the morning for a tempo session, I think Kanser might be around, then plan on knocking out my first long run for ages come Sunday with Enda, Laura and few others. I will try to do 20ks and aim to build the ks back up over the next couple of months and start to log some decent mileage.

No Premiership footy this week either, so looks like a happier Monday for Slim Sammy Agnew to begin the week for a change, Its International friendly time though and whilst talking 4 Nations, I am going out on a limb here and predict wins for England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland this week – Although the Jocks are playing J-Fens States team and I don’t back them with any confidence.  Mind you if Wales
or Ireland let me down then there will also be strong words had with the boys come Monday.Timmy’s Tip. England
2 vs. Chile 0, Rooney to score for England as well.
Also been wondering where Slim Sammy Agnew has been of late – I think I have found out after receiving this little piece overnight? Personally I think he may be over qualified? J

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/400999900118138880/photo/1


Have a good weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment