Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

First shunned by Tommy H (last Sunday), then Enda and Durante(Tuesday), and now can you believe the ‘Stig’ Taffy James punts me – Wonder if he’s upset about his new nickname? No sign of him for the regular Thursday morning dip at the pool and was forced to try to get through it best I could. Decided after a warm up to do 5 x 300s but struggled big time on the first two and came close to just heading to the coffee house at one point. In Desperate measures I got the hand paddles out to help for the final 3 and couldn’t believe how much of a difference they were to make. Managed to almost knock about 15 seconds of each 300 with the fastest rep coming on the final one.
Not one of the better sessions but glad to get that one out of the way all the same.

Let down number 2 of the day came later when Old Kanser said he would do some 800s with me – but again no sign of him? Not sure what happened and ended up not doing them in the end.
Had to drop into the city early evening and was around the Domain area so thought I’d take a look to see if any of the HuRTS crew were out for the A.B.C Biathlon? Nobody there so I took the opportunity to have a little hit out. Well the less said about it the better, It was bloody awful – Labored my way around the 4k run and barely got out of 3rd gear, somehow managed to jump in the water in 5th spot, I then got bulked and held up at the 50m mark by some clown who decided to cut across me before the end, Was lucky enough at the 250 though to get overtaken again but this time I jumped on his feet and in the process overtook the guy who past me earlier.
Finished in 6th overall and despite all the swimming I’ve been doing it doesn’t’ seem to help one bit after a tough 4k run. I can honestly say I have NO CHANCE against the Chairman Tommy H come the 12th December. My Run leg is just not up to it (especially over this tougher 4ks course), I’d need to be within 60 seconds of him to stand any chance and at present I’m closer to 2 minutes. So calling it early – I’ll still race on the night just for the craic and the few beers that flow after but I’ll be keeping my money in my pocket as I won’t be issuing any bets on this one.

Well today is Thanksgiving Day for all our Yankee friends out there – Sure J-Fen will be munching his way through his oven roasted Turkey on this historical day, and I’m sure Lovely Lisa (L.L) will also be out celebrating the occasion as well after her recent visit there as she seems to have gone all ‘American’ these days for some reason – Not sure what that’s about? Let’s hope she doesn’t’ lose that classic British accent she has J


Friday is the 1k Time Trial Day at the A.B.C Pool, lets hope its more successful then last months 18.50 effort, Heard rumors that even Tommy H could make a guest appearance …….this I have to see, he sounds confident though these days after his swim training and the smart money is on him to kick a certain Irishman’s @r$e should he come down.

Saturday I want to head over the Dark Side to Curl Curl for the 5k Park Run they have on, got a little work first up so I need to juggle a few things around if I’m to make it.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment