Monday, August 8, 2016

Progressive 30 minute Tempo.


After Sundays disaster of a run I was keen to get back out and give it one final solid hit out before the weekend. Decent team despite a few breakaway groups forming as many try to find the right balance for City to Surf. On program as progressive tempo for 45 minutes but I’d already decided that 30 mins was the maximum before the start and was delighted when Jerome, Brendan Fehon and a few others followed my lead.  Pretty cruisy first 10 minutes sitting just under 4.05 running with Angus, Jerome, Dom, Brendan, Mikey L, and Muzza, before the change of pace that saw us run through the once again busy Quay and Terminal area at 3.55 per/k.

Turned dead on 5ks under the bridge and started to work harder for the final section but within the first 2 mins both Bren and the Frenchman had got that gap on me. Happy to see the ever improving Sammy Johnson as I headed from the Quay and was delighted he tagged on to me that then pretty much kept us both honest around the back of the O.H and coming back into the Domain. I was feeling OK and was happy to be holding pace as I felt him just fall off with 2 minutes remaining with me managing to stick in 3.35 per/k to end the 30 minutes.

Just under 8ks done averaging 3.50s all up. Felt pretty good and nice to get the final hit out done.

That’s mostly it now, will get out tomorrow and then a real easy one for Thursday before the ‘fun and games’ begin for the big day.

 

Loads of banter and talk today about the HuRTS team comp we hold, Draw was made yesterday and if I was a betting man then I’d be sticking my $1 on Scott O’Connor’s team, with even the 6th runner capable of running under 52.

I’ve got Me, Myself and I (Barts) as my captain........... what more can one say?

Will give my rundown and predictions later in the week on how I see the race unfolding.

 

Team draw;

 

Hoey's  No Hopes
Shirts off for the ladies
CT and the underdogs
Mileage Machines
Me, myself and I
Old but gold
Scotty's Hotties
Hoey
Quentin Reeve
Chris Truscott
Nick Roberts
John Bartlett
Tom Highnam
Scott O'Connor
Mike Lichtwark
Tommy Lee
Enda Stankard
Andy Heyden
Toby
Jerome
Tony Fattorini
Steve Perry
Lachlan
Jeet
Eoin Reville
John Nesher
Bruce Lambert
Anthony Muzza
Chris Strom
Smolly
Anto Yule
Adrian McGarva
Tim Lindop
Macca
Darren Jordan
John Burke
Angus Boyd
Richard Green
Dominik Dumaine
Geoff Cooper
Brendan Fehon
Kev Branagan
Brendan Krone
Pete Walker
Sam Johnson
Birchy
Mark Ashworth
Craig Bell
Laura James
Greta Truscott
Craig Wiseman
Elle
Champ
John Clothier
Pete Truscott
Anthony Biggs
Taffy Craig McL
Renee Simon
Sonya
Charlie Dalziell
Bart Vonhoff
Sam Towill
Bill Batt
Jacqueline O'Connor
Erika Jordan
Michael Yacoub
Paul Hannell
 
 
 

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment