Sunday, August 7, 2016

Hangover Sunday - 14ks


Probably the biggest Sunday turnout in a long time for the final hit out before City to Surf with near on 30 starters for the 6.30am start. Bit of a divide as many weren’t keen for more hills and some wanting to stay on the soft stuff.

I’ve backed up well from the marathon but today I was in all sorts and it had nothing to do with the legs – more the case of overdoing it once more on the demon drink care of a Saturday night that got out of hand. Had intentions just to do an easy 20ks in total but even after sitting on the front with ‘Sweaty Sock’ Craig for the first 6k loop working at 4.40 pace  I knew I was struggling. The start of the 10k loop almost immediately saw the pace quicken to under 4.25s as I was forced to drop back with Hoey and then drop further chatting away to Renee and Birchy.  In all sorts of strife and by the time i had got back to the cafe with only 8k done of the 10 i pulled the pin and called it a morning.

About 14ks done for the morning, can’t remember the exact time as i then retreated to the nearby cafe for coffee whilst I waited for the gang to finish.

So not the last long run I was looking for, but hope to get back on track this week with an honest workout on Tuesday before tapering for the big showdown on Sunday

 

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment