Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Final City to Surf Prep with the Girls


Tuesday.

Easy 7ks with clients then backed up with another set with the ‘Love Doctors’ Craig & Vic’s that included 4 reps of Woollahra Hill in Centennial Park.

About 14ks all up for the day and found I’ve pulled up OK from Saturday’s race that I’m happy with.

 

Wednesday.

Didn’t really fancy it but I figured it would be the last time that we’d get out for the City to Surf midweek run and despite the shocking weather I headed into town and caught up with the hardcore HuRTettes that included Laura, Renee and Eastside Elle (on time) as well as The Branagan Brothers (super Kev and Mark). Nice pace heading out mostly chatting away to Laura before we split a little heading up Heartbreak. Super Kev ‘King of the Mountain’ today first up with Mark and I not far behind.

Same pace up on the return although once again the Edgecliff Hill I found tough going.

Enjoyed the run and seemed to pass in no time even if the legs were starting to feel heavy towards the end.

Once again just shy of the 15ks – averaging about 4.40s

 

Will rest up now for a couple of days.

Couple of City to Surf bets confirmed today were;

Love Doctor Craig $20 – I have to give him a healthy 5.15 handicap start

Sammy J $20 – I have to give him an even healthier 2 mins handicap start

 

Just waiting for officially confirmation from 'Sharks' Stankard and Highnam on the 3 and 6.30 minutes  respectively that they seem to be bulking at for some reason?

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment