Monday, July 4, 2016

Sunday Long - City to Surf Course. 25ks


Only a small team with many up the Gold  Coast and with only Super Kev, Fats, Brendan and Ant we did the usual 6k loop in the hope of returning to the cafe at 7 to collect a few more. Only Kanser and Prince Ho added before we started our official City to Surf training that saw us head out the park onto New South Head Road on the course.  Pace was kept pretty easy before we hit Heartbreak for the first of the climbs. Chatting away to Kanser one minute, look over my shoulder the next and no sign?? Not sure what happened but never saw him again all morning after that.

After much deliberation we continued on down into Bondi Beach, and with 20 odd ks done I was feeling OK right until you come off the beach and start the climb up Bondi Road when all of sudden I just felt my legs and strength drain away from me. As the lads continued on I was forced into a 60 second breather before the long slog back up to the junction. Fair play to Hoey who u-turned near the top and rejoined me and from there it was a straight forward last 3ks or so back to the park.

Another 25ks done in 1hr55 mins averaging 4.41s for the day with the last 19ks (city to Surf including the hills) in 95 mins at 4.37s

 

Pretty damn tired at the end but very happy I was able to get out and back up especially after yesterdays efforts.

A good chat and coffee followed with Fats, before heading over to the best brekkie in town around at Kapos Street cafe with Hoey and his family where I made a pig of myself wolfing down the quality Bacon and Egg Brioche on offer.

A quick turnaround followed as I was then over to the ‘Dark Side’ to meet up with the Taffy Lad for a few well earned ales in Manly.

 

Gold Coast never fails to throw up some fast times and this year was no exception, WOW... nearly everyone I knew PBed for the day. Some great results from the weekend and I stated yesterday  that I didn’t think Tom’s 10k would be bettered? Well I think it may have been (certainly on a par) with news ‘Me, Myself and I’ Barts fine run in the half to come home in 69 minutes. Stunning effort. You know if must have been a good day when Enda finally puts a good time on the board with his 75 minute PB run, and other PBs worth a mention were the Leech in the full (2.43) , Rich Large (2.48) and Jeet, Angus, Lambo, Elle and Jac over the half.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment