Thursday, July 21, 2016

Barangaroo 6 x 1k Reps (rolling every 5 minutes)


Wet morning and really seemed to struggle with my 3k swim today, very heavy arms and sore shoulders made it a real battle to get through and the coffee and banana bread couldn’t come quick enough once done.

 

With the past two days of rain I made the call to switch the HuRTS session from a soggy Rushcutters Oval over to Barangaroo for the 6 x 1k reps, and after then arriving late (thanks to Jac O’Connor)  to find Barts of all people giving instructions we were set to go. Big group and once again Barts and Special Q were way out in front and I was surprised to be in the 2nd pack that included Skippy, Fenton. Hipster Mitch, Angus and Frenchy Jerome. Came home in 3.18 that surprised me, even more so when most were calling it long by a couple of seconds?

Return leg was similar as I found  I was leading out Skippy only for him to come past around the 700m that then resulted in me trying to tuck in and hang with him over the last 300m

The next two were slightly quicker and after the 4th I really thought I was done and contemplated in helping out girls Renee & Jac for the final two but then decided that would be the easy option out and fronted up to end the session even stronger once I’d give myself a good talking to.

Times for the 6 were; 3.18, 3.18, 3.16, 3.17, 3.15, 3.14

Another tough session and delighted to get through it in the way I did. It seems a long time since I’ve managed ALL 6 that quick and consistent, especially after the past two days.

Think I’ve earned my rest day tomorrow now, although with temps due to hit 25 I think you may well find me down at the pool at lunch.

 

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment