Thursday, July 14, 2016

Double Set - Timmy Hills and 3k Tempo


Dubbed the hardest session on the HuRTS calendar, so only fitting that Hoey was seen heading in the opposite direction with his new gloves on, what’s that about? (must be going soft) and Enda Stankard lining up only to last what must a record 34 seconds before leaving head bowed in a sorry state back to work.

Double set again that included the 20 minute hills followed by the 5k tempo that saw a big team out with a few new faces and nice to see Tony Fats make his debut for the session (great runner he is, but didn’t realise he was so useless at following instructions on where to  turn at the top of the hill despite having about a dozen cones marked out?). Fats was first to break away followed by ‘Bastille Day’ Jerome whilst I tried to settle into a decent rhythm in the first 5 minutes or so. True to form I was knackered by about 7 and had the misfortune of Fats lapping me by the time 9.13 on the clock went by.

Soon after Angus joined me that was a blessing, as I then found he was running the hills slightly faster but I was coming down quicker. It helped big time and I felt I was even finishing it off strongly as “Mountain Goat’  Fats didn’t manage to pass me again during the second half.

Covered 4.85ks in the 20 minutes averaging 4.08s

A quick regroup before the 5k tempo but I had it in my head to take the easy option and just be happy with the 3k after such a heavy week and was then satisfied to hold 3.43 for the first k, and basically just hold after that coming home in 11.01

After a tough week I’ll take a well earned  rest day from running tomorrow

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment