Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Xmas Eve - Rushcutters 5 x 1k Reps


A small but elite little band for the last session this side of Xmas gathered down at Rushcutters Oval for the 6 x 1k reps on an oval that was in pristine condition, Rolled up early to lay the course out and found Barts & Tommy H had arrived early as well to do the set with Birchy in his NEW Parramatta Eels shirt parading around like a true ‘Westie’

Decent group with Scotty O’Connor (SOC), Nick Roberts leading from the front and I had the help of good lad Frenchman Jerome helping me out for the day, with Hoey & ‘ A Gay’ looking Andy ‘Skippy’ Heyden all dressed in Red (who would have looked more at home on Oxford St) floating around nearby  and the Leech sitting off my shoulder the whole way.

Worked the first rep leading Jerome coming in on 3.23 and basically repeated for the second, before Jerome asked why I was slowing for the final 200m on each rep?  After telling him I was basically ‘Fxxked’ I told him to lead out and I’d sit on his shoulder for the remainder. Did this on the 3rd and automatically felt easier and come home quicker in the process. With the oval in great shape everything felt good today and even with 27 degrees warm temperatures  I was still holding on the 4th rep as Hoey joined in our little team.

Rolling every 5 minutes meant we had to get back to the start line that didn’t really give us much recovery and I thought one more solid rep would do me and if I could hold for a final time I’d be a happy bunny. Once again tagged onto Jerome the whole way, although he did get away about the 600m mark but I managed to get one final kick for the last 200m to finish with a 3.20 to complete the day.

Times were: 3.23, 3.23, 3.22, 3.21, 3.20

Probably saved my best session for the last one of the year and I’m delighted with that to be honest.

Many thanks to Jerome for keeping me honest throughout.

 

Well that pretty much wraps up the year, It’s been a good year with many highs and lows throughout but more importantly we’ve had many more laughs along the way as I’ve hung out with not only a talented training group but even better mates – thanks to everyone who has been involved over the past 12 months.

Enjoy the Xmas break, have a great time with all your loved ones. I’m just about to enjoy a beer or two and have a listen to perhaps the greatest Xmas song ever released before I look back on the year that was and do the ‘Timmy Review for 2015’ later in the week.

 

Have a great Xmas

Stay Safe

Cheers
 
A small but good group for the final HuRTS session before Xmas down at Rushcutters Oval for the 5 x 1k reps. Tommy H and Barts were gone by this time having run earlier.

I think Andy Heyden took a wrong turn somewhere on Oxford St coming dressed like that with his tight bright Red shorts.
 

 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

 Pogues and Kirsty McColl give us the best Xmas song ever written in my eyes with ‘Fairytale in New York ‘ .... Classic.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment