Friday, December 4, 2015

St Peters Park Run 18.26 - 4th


Friday.

Too good a day not to go to the pool even if I was tired and wasn’t in the mood, After all the excitement at last week’s T/T today’s was a more sombre affair with NO Coach Walker, Fancy Pants Gleeso, Yum Cha Brendan or even the Leech but still had good company as Crossy Lad returned (with TWO Vietnamese girls sitting on the side for him after his holiday in those parts last week), Todd and Kroney.

After a warm up the set was 1 x300 and basically 16 x 100s (one fast, one slow), Taking it in turns the boys were smashing out the fast reps with Kroney knocking out one at 1.18, Todd 1.20 with mine being perhaps the slowest at 1.23. Was forced to sit the odd easy rep out in order to get the longer recovery but even then by the 14th I was done.

Had a chat with Hoey in the next lane and helped him out for a sub 1.45 lap and decided to call it quits after that.

Controversy of the Day -  Well we’ve had Pool buoys, paddles, and the floaty pants have become fashionable, we even had Kroney in his Speed Suit last week in order to take out the Duck, BUT today we went to new lengths, Step up....... CHAMP, Yep, not only has he joined the Floaty Pant Club but he swum with his Bright Yellow Flippers, FFS.  Never seen the likes of it, shocking turn of events. Whatever next? Tommy H will be coming down in his dingy.

Champ - The Shame Files.


Few beers in the evening, over at Lion brewery capped off a good day, may have been better had I got the invite to join Tommy H, Barts, C.T ‘Q’ and Birchy but sadly I was to get snubbed once more.

 
Getting into the Festive Spirit - care of a visit to the Lion Brewery.
 
 
Saturday.
Had a rare Saturday break in work and despite feeling less than average after one too many beers I headed over to St Peters for the World’s Toughest Park Run. Didn’t really notice anyone familiar although there was a Stankard on the starting line with a little bit of heart..... Yep, Angela was out for a trot so I knew I couldn’t take it too easy.
Went out pretty strong and after ‘The Mad Asian Professor’ went out like a gun, I was in a group of 4 covering the first in 3.22, Settled a little for the 2nd as one lad pulled away and I sat on the shoulder of 3rd place at the 2k marker just at the clock ticked over 7 minutes.
A left turn at the roundabout and you have a steady climb for 500m before you hit Kosciusko and its’ here that I was thinking those ‘Nelson Mandela’s (Stella’s) weren’t such a good idea last night after all as I struggled to get to the top.  Made a conscious effort to lengthen the stride out coming down and around the flat oval at 3.5ks in the process reduced the gap on 2nd place to about 20m. By the 4k mark I was running on fumes to be honest and that final kilometre was tough as I was passed with about 600m to go,  Had one final effort to see if I could get another chance but with 10m on me I had to settle for 4th for the morning as I crossed the line in 18.26
For the record, the Mad Professor who looks very dorky and has the strangest running style won in 17.05 – bloody quick on that course.
Par performance for me but it’s about right for where I’m at at the moment training wise so won’t complain, and can’t really expect more when I’m only doing about a third of the run training that is needed.
A good coffee and chat post run with the Stankard’s was the order of the day before heading out for some good ‘Nose Bag’ (breaky) after.
 
Its normally about now that I say ‘Big Weekend’ coming up ....... But, after a busy week I’m trying to take it easy for this one and have NO plans. I might just stay home and enjoy the footy all weekend and watch the Mighty Potters give it to Man City. Tough game this one but it’s the place to be this weekend if you want to hear electric atmosphere. Mate Sammy Aggers always goes on about the noise at Selhurst Park with his Tin Pot outfit. He really needs to get himself to the Brit to sample the real deal.
Will be close, but I’ll stick my neck out for this and go for the home win especially as I’ve just heard star players Aguero and Toure will NOT be playing for the Sky Blues.
Stoke 2 vs. Man City 1
 
 
With staying in tonight it will mean however that I will be able to get my long run done in the AM and will look to knock out 20ks first up, even heard there could be a breaky going post run at one of the Inner West’s finest ?? Wouldn’t want to miss that now.
 
Not the most dignified - and that was just getting INTO the water at the recent Coogee 'Wedding Cake Island' Swim.


Have a good weekend

Train Well, stay safe

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment