Thursday, December 10, 2015

Final Biathlon 19.11 - 4th place yet again.


Last race of the season at the biathlon and after last week’s confidence booster I was looking for one last hard hit out. Tougher conditions this week though with the high winds for the return leg on the run so knew it would have to take something special to go under that elusive 19 minute marker.
Adrian McGarva was back and I knew he was keen to get one back on me after I managed the win last week as too was Greta Truscott from the HuRT squad. Didn’t want to hold back this week so was fast out the blocks and really tried to push the uphill as like last week McGarva  was sitting on me all the way to the turnaround.  Time called 7.01 around the cones as McGarva put the foot down and tried to get away, We must have exchanged places about half a dozen times on the way back but coming up the home stretch I just got away and  was called through the top gate in 13.58 to his 14.01

Managed to get past 3rd place guy within the first 50m of the swim but still couldn’t shake ‘Old Ginger Top’ McGarva who was tapping my feet for the first 150. He came past soon after and I was looking to then stay on his and hopefully battle it out for the last 25 metres and this is how it pretty much panned out. Unfortunately I wasn’t strong enough and he touched out 1 second before me as I finished in 19.11 for 4th overall (once more)

Second fastest of the year and I’ll take that, pity the conditions weren’t similar to last week as I felt a sub 19 was on the cards.

It’s been a great season of Thursday nights and even with my limited run training of late I feel that the Bi’s have kept my shorter stuff at a reasonable level. I reckon it’s the best 20 minute workout you can get and can’t believe many of the guys haven’t shown?.
Times for the season, 19.35, 19.52, 19.45, 19.38, 19.29, 19.50, 19.05, 19.11.

 
Season complete it was over to the Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel with Greta and Adrian for the presentations and was lucky enough to win the series in the 45-55 age group, and ended up staying in the Bay Hotel for many a beer.

 

Missed my Friday swim as I thought I’d give myself a  ‘Mikey like’ well earned rest today.

 

Big weekend coming up, plenty of parties this weekend so looks like the Sunday run will be the first to suffer again. Have got a break in work in the morning though so will head out and knockout the 5k Park Run as a poor substitute .

 

In the premier league, Stoke travel to the home of the ‘Happy Hammers’ – West Ham. The way the boys played Man City off the pitch last week a victory is again on the cards I’m predicting.

Timmy’s Tip – West Ham 0 vs. Stoke 2

I’ll have to get my mate James Gosnells mobile ready for Monday morning as well if that result comes true.

 

Have a great weekend

Train Well, stay safe

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment