Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pyramid Time at Rushcutters

Back down to what is fast becoming my favorite venue regardless of the session that is Rushcutters Oval for the Thursday HuRTS set that was on the cards. The Oval isn’t actually in the best of shape with the recent weather and the footy that is now being played but I still enjoy running there.
Decent showing as well with old favorites Tommy H, Mikey back from hols, Muzza,  #1 Tucks and Lady Laura continuing on her comeback trail.
Split into two groups today for the 1,2,3,4,3,2,1 Pyramid session and made the decision early to join the big boys in the first of the two – wasn’t so much about running with the top guys, more that I wanted to reduce the breaks as much as I could.
With Tommy H, Tucks and C.T leading out I tucked in behind the ever improving Super Kev and on the shoulder of Dom for the first single lap. Pretty much the same for the double and triple laps and just tried to relax and keep the rhythm going for the dreaded 4 lapper. Normal procedure on this set is that I die second time around so was really focused on trying to repeat the times from earlier and finish strongly.
Despite having those ‘I can’t do this’ thoughts , I actually held it together pretty well as the times indicate and even felt I had some kick for the final 450m last lap
Times for the day were:
83, 2.50, 4.21, 5.52, 4.20, 2.52, 78
Very happy with that, as the slowest pace for all was a 3.19 per/k on the 4 laps (1.8ks)

Last did this on the 19th March with times of
86, 2.54, 4.27, 6.12, 4.36, 3.00, 79

So the improvement does continue – even if it does seem a  slow process.

Got chatting to C.T PRE session (thank God it was PRE) and locked in my first wager for the S.M.H Half – the good man has agreed on an 11 minute handicap buffer in my favour. C.T worked on himself running around 73 and me an 84 ………………..Sounds about right to me ;)

Talking bets, out tonight with Tommy H and Enda where the Irishman will honour his Canberra Half bet over dinner, Will work on him over our ‘Bacon & Cabbage’ and no doubt a few potatoes thrown in meal to see what we can work out for the big one next weekend..Stay tuned.


HuRTS guys in action at Rushcutters, include, Mikey, Gretski, Ericka, Lady Laura, and Liam


Hang On, Is that Mikey stopping his watch BEFORE he hits the line ?????



And Lady Laura finishes with a smile on her face making it look easy.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment