Thursday, May 29, 2014

HuRTS 8 x 800s at Rushcutters

With a kids carnival happening on Rushcutters Oval I had to mark out a double 400m metre course for the guys nearby for the 8 x 800s that was on the cards for a Thursday.
Decent size with C.T, Tom, Crossy, Angus, Mikey, girls Laura & Renee and good to see former #1 Barts and birthday boy (AND current #1) Tucks back in the fold. We split into 2 groups again today and I managed to sneak into the faster 1st group with Tom. C.T , Dom and the huffing and puffing Barts leading from the front. It’s a bloody tough session this one and I went out way to hard (then spent the rest of the set regretting it) to come home in 2.34 Held onto the back of Dom for the next two with the times drifting slightly. Really struggled on reps 4,5 & 6 as too was Barts who I thought was going to have a heart attack at one point as he sounded like hard working Macca with his breathing.
Didn’t think I was actually going to complete the session at one stage, and on the 5th rep I thought about doing only a 400, on the 6th I even contemplated on it being my final one. But in the end I dropped back a group to join Mikey, Angus and Laura and somehow found a lift that got me over the line and saw me do all 8.
Times were. 2.34, 2.37, 2.38, 2.40, 2.40, 2.42, 2.39, 2.38
Stuffed at the end and happy to get through that one, the front runners were moving well – Tom in particular was doing them in around 2.20s (?), with C.T not far behind, Barts has some work to do if he’s to get close to C.T in the Gold Coast, whilst Tucks was just cruising and even helped me out on the last rep. Mikey and Laura were consistent coming in on each around 2.40s

Rest day today (Friday) although I do have the Golden Duck 1k Swim time trial to defend, which could be a tough ask.

Will be back in the park for an easy 12ks tomorrow morning.

Photo of course courtesy of Angus Boyd - Tough course coming back to the start line each lap with a slight climb.
Mikey reckons it would add on about 3 seconds to the normal oval times???


Ok, Its not exactly international standard - but its not a bad makeshift course for the HuRTS 800s
Thanks to Angus for the download.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment