Sunday, May 25, 2014

Monday Swim

Yet another beautiful day to start another week , and I wasn’t the best after a heavy weekend celebrating Ronan’s 40th and then backing up yesterday for the ‘Wobbly Head Premier league footy tipping presentation. So I figured that a swim would at least be good to help clear the head.
Small crew today with only , Walker, Super Kev, Angus, Kenny, The Champ and I to start, just sat in last for the first 400m before pushing myself up to sit on Super Kev’s feet for the first of 5 x 200s, Came home in a quick fire(for me anyway) 3.10 and decided to have a long break for the 2nd rep, repeated the same on the 3rd & 5th once more sitting the even one out.
Mr. Ace and Eloquent Julia made late appearances and then we paired up for the final 400m relay with each person doing a 200m hit out, After his lackluster effort last week I dumped ‘Kenny’ in favour of Super Kev thinking that it may have been strong enough to get over Coach Walker and Julia? Unfortunately Kevs Irish heart came out to play and failed miserably as Julia actually beat him over the first 100mtrs
Relay results
1st Walker /Julia
2nd Mr. Ace / Kenny
3rd Lindop / Not so Super Kev
4th Angus / The Champ

Buggered at the end but felt loads better then when I at least jumped in the pool some 40 minutes earlier.

I posted a photo of a young HuRTS member the other day……..Had NO takers on who it could have been, although I did have one person come up to me at Ronan’s on Saturday evening and asked me if it was ‘Wee Jimmy Krankie’ ? (you may need to be English to know that one) J

Speed work in the morning and I think it’s the tough 5ks T/T  - Ouch

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment