Friday, May 9, 2014

I'm a Savage for 'Bacon & Cabbage'

Down to the pool to end the week and like yesterdays run set the group split into 2 but unlike yesterday I knew my place was in the slower lane for today’s session.
Good crew and in our ‘slower’ lane was Brendan, The Champ, QLDer Dave and myself for the 1 x 400, 5 x 200, and 5 x 100s
Once the 400 was out the way we all took turns on leading the lane and I was first up bringing it home in 3.16, After the 4th rep poor Brendan drew the short straw and was made to do the 5th from the front and that was basically him done for the day after that.
The 100s were last up and the final rep saw us having a handicap race with each leaving 5 seconds apart with The Champ first away but it was Super Kev who took today’s honours.
2.1ks all up for the day.

Had a cracker of a night last night when two of HuRTS most sociable members and I were out for a bite to eat and a few beers. Chairman Tommy H and Enda Stankard took time out where Enda paid his dues for the last 2 bets made for Canberra and the State 10k last weekend. Went to a friend’s top restaurant in Chippendale that offers up fine Irish tucker …………. And no it wasn’t just a plate of potatoes. Bacon & Cabbage, with Boxy Pancakes went down a treat. A fine night although poor Tom and I did have to endure Enda harping on about handicaps still trying to get one over us before the SMH  Half next weekend.
The outcome was –
Tim vs. Enda  $20 with myself getting 7.21 start
Tom vs. Enda $20 with Enda receiving a 2.34 start.

So I have C.T and Enda to wrestle with for the tough 21ks next week, anyone else want to take my cash give us a bell.

Big weekend on the footy for the final time, and it’s come to a showdown between Tom and I for the Mediocre Cup that the boys have been playing for over the past 9 months. Tom holds the upper hand s Newcastle are 2 points clear of Stoke but have to travel to Liverpool , whilst the Stoke boys are also away to West Brom.
Timmy’s Tip – West Brom 2 vs. Stoke 2……………. I know , I know – victory to Tom L



Enda looking less then happy to hand over another $20 - lets hope he's doing the same again next weekend.

Have a great weekend
Train Well
Stay safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment