Tuesday, July 16, 2013

HuRTS 4 x10 Minutes efforts

Big crowd once more for yet another tough session (when aren’t they these days?) for the 4 x 10 minutes with a 2 min break between each. Been feeling slightly stronger of late but this is always difficult especially the dreaded 3rd rep. Went out relatively hard, but was nowhere near the front runners and was pretty much working solo all the way reaching just short of the statue slightly ahead of Mikey in the allotted 10 minutes at 3.38 pace per/k (2.75ks), The return is always better for this session and made it back with 16 seconds to spare before a very poor effort (AGAIN) on the 3rd where I pretty much gave up even before the little hills. Decided then to walk the extra 100 meters or so at the end of 10 minutes to get me to where I should have been and tried hard to get it back and tough it out for the 4th on the way home. Surprised as managed to get back in 9.38 (3.41 pace) although there wasn’t much left in the tank at that stage.
Reps went;
 Out   2.75ks (3.38 pace), Back 3.37 pace (9.44)
 Out   2.58ks (3.56 pace), Back 3.41 pace (9.38)
A good cool down for 3ks with the big wigs – Chairman Tom, Bartles and Mikey to round out over 15ks including a warm up.

Want to try to step up the mileage a little throughout the week and plan on returning to the midweek medium / long runs in the morning (20ks) so hopefully I can get out in the morning to do that although I think most of the Hardmen (and Enda) are away so I may have to get the trusty music going to help me out on the iPod.

Works been a little slow of late so was delighted to receive a call from some bloke named David who has inherited a new team of footballers and is in town wondering if I can give him some of my Stoke coaching tips for the up coming season. As always more then happy to help out so the first session is tonight, I’ll keep you informed on how they go and if lucky enough and they show promise I’ll post some photos if NOT then I’ll get Slim Sammy Agnew’s number and pass them on to Crystal Palace to have a look at J

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment