Monday, June 20, 2016

Sunday Long, Rare Monday and Speedwork Tuesday.


Sunday. After a torrid Saturday in recovery mode I wasn’t sure on how I’d go for the Sunday long run but I did know that I couldn’t afford to miss another long one. Fronted at 6.30am to a big group and so glad I did with the overnight sports results in my favour made for a much easier morning. Spent the first hour giving it to Enda after his woeful Irish boys took a pasting and then gave it out in equal measure to the Aussies after England spanked them in the Rugby.

Delighted to be able to knock out a decent Sunday run although I was starting to feel tired towards the end and was happy to cover the last 3ks chatting away to Corky as I returned to the cafe with 26ks done for the morning in 1hr57 averaging 4.36s

Enjoyed a coffee with the team after, and was even joined by ‘The Flake’ who kindly shouted the coffees.

 

Monday. You can tell City to Surf is getting close as I made a rare Monday trip into town to start the week. Was surprised then to find a big group out of nearly 20. Enjoyed a pretty cruisy run from the front with Enda, Tom and Hoey and I think I may have upset the ‘Prince’ by not getting him a start in my City Mile Dash team last Friday. Told him he needs to front up and commit more if he’s to ever get a chance of a gig on the ‘A team’  He was still stating his case as far down as the ABC Pool , when it was suggested that Crossy was over-rated and he should have been given that spot in the line up....... I think I’ll just let that one go through to the keeper J

Enjoyed the trot and once again decided to ease off for the last 2ks to run with Eastside Elle and Jac before calling it a day at 12ks near the back of the  Quay area in 55 minutes – average 4.36s

 

Tuesday. Massive day first up and ended up running with pretty much ALL my clients throughout the morning that resulted in me clocking up best part of 20ks (mostly easy pace mind) before meeting up with the gang for the 8 x 5 minute lunchtime set.  Once again a big turnout and great to see Pommy Birchy and Taffy James back in the fold although NO sign of Tom, Enda, or Kanser.

Tired legs even before the start and after running the previous 2 days there was never any chance of me knocking out all 8, so decided to try to run 4 hard, and 2 x easy. Worked well on the first sitting in just behind Jerome and Skippy alongside Angus, Brendan, Toby, Stevie Perry and Rich Large at 3.35 pace, return was running easier I felt with a slight tailwind and pretty much just repeated for reps 3 & 4

Number 5 was happy to sit in with a decent group that included Pete Walker, Ruth and Hardman J.C at 3.45 pace that felt ever so easy and pushed it slightly faster to end with.

Pace for the 6 were. 3.36, 3.35, 3.34, 3.34, 3.46, 3.42

Tired now after a more than solid 3 days of training,

Well earned rest day to come tomorrow.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment