Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Speedy Rushcutters - with Shire Heads and the Irish Lass


Two journeys tooing and froing  to Centennial Park for work build some ks up and got me back out on the bike that I was happy with although it was bloody cold and I reckon I spent the first hour moaning like an old women.

Got the City Mile Dash (1600m) race on Friday and decided that the HuRTS 45 minute tempo set didn’t fit into the plans so once again called for help with Crossy Lad for some faster shorter reps. Actually got the ‘Shire Double’ as Laura was also keen and then Irelands finest Corky O’Connor made the call to get some last minute training in for the Friday lunchtime event.

Crossy called for – 2 x 1k, 4 x 400s and 4 x 200s – looked and sounded easy but it was anything but. Key again was to keep it all consistent and something that I’ve managed well over the past few weeks.

Went out strong on the first sitting in close to Crossy and was happy to see a 3.08 on the clock,  a good recovery and was keen to repeat. Pretty much kept that same gap and was surprised then to see another 3.08 for the second and final 1ker.

Prince Ho made a guest appearance around this time and was at first floating around the oval but then joined me as I asked for help with the 4 x400s. Found I was going out hard only to start dipping slightly around the 300m mark when he would come around and keep it honest for the last 100 as we were crossing out in 72s

The 200s are not something that I do or practise, but I figured I’d knock out 4 even if it was just to focus more on form than pushing too hard, Worked on a staggered start for this last section and despite feeling fatigued we all kept them more than honest

2 x 1k – 3.08, 3.08
4 x 400 – 72, 72, 72, 72
4 x 200 – 31, 31, 31, 29

 
Great session and the past 3 done like this have really been beneficial, certainly pushed it far more than I have in recent times and more pleasing is I’m feeling stronger and keeping those times consistent.

 
City Mile Dash Friday and last year I went 5.01 for the 1600m , hoping to break the 5 minute barrier this time around.

Big shout out to Crossy Lad, Laura, Jac and Hoey for the help out, wouldn’t have knocked those times out without them there.

 

Cheers

It wouldn't be a training session if Crossy Lad didn't want a selfie, seen here with Laura and Jac.

Actually prefer this one of Crossy to be honest.
Solid workout from the girls and Crossy.
City Mile Dash time and I wonder if my mate Lauren (High 5) will be back this year.
And last years winning team, Special Q, Crossy and the Stallion Durante. It won't be as easy this year as we are missing the 'Pie Eater' Durante and I'm hearing a few strong teams are out to beat us?

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment