Monday, June 27, 2016

30 Minute Progressive Tempo (10/10/10)


Not feeling the best over the last couple of days with a touch of manflu (not helped with this morning’s footy score) but headed into town for the HuRTS Progressive Tempo set that was on. Strong crowd of over 50 I’d say (with one token female in Renee) and after the inevitable pi$$ take and banter re the Iceland result we were set.

Bit light on at the top end but from the get go I was in the perfect group that consisted Macca, Skippy Heyden, Leech, Razor, Jerome, Fenton and a rare appearance from top Shire head Muzza. Felt very easy as we cruised at 4 min/ks all the while I was venting my fury at those pampered w@nker$ who parade around in the English football shirt. The first change of pace came at the 10 minute mark where we run closer to the 3.50 marker and still felt easy enough. It’s another 3 minutes 15 before the turnaround as we hit Barangaroo and the pace quickened with Razor and myself working from the front.

Had to contend with the usual crowds of tourists around the passenger terminal area but was happy to be running at sub 3.35s for the 3rd 10 minute effort.

Decided even before the start that 30 minutes was my lot for the day so pulled up stumps just coming out the Quay near the toaster and then cut through the city easy pace back to the start line in time to see the group finish on the 45 minutes.

Run pretty well, not sure if it was just because I knew I only had 30 minutes to do instead of the regulation 45, wonder how much longer I could have kept that pace up over the final 15 minutes? Noticed Macca was over 30 seconds down on getting back to the Stone Pillars so I don’t think I would have been any quicker ?

Pace and Distance for the reps were.

30 minutes 7.9ks average 3.49s

10 minutes @ 4 min/ks 2.50ks

10 minutes @ 3.52 min/ks 2.60ks

10 minutes @ 3.33 min/ks 2.82ks

 

Can’t finish without giving my thoughts on the major disappointment overnight in the footy, England do it every tournament to me but it’s hard not to get caught up in the euphoria and I really did expect more this time around given the younger lads in the team with many coming off the back of a great season club wise. What I didn’t expect was the complete gutless shocking performance I can ever recall in ALL my time of watching footy. A total disgrace from overpaid pampering to$$ers. Fair play and congratulations to Iceland who were the better team by far, better individuals and worked for each other. We simply had NO idea or NO plan...... makes my blood boil honestly.

Anyway rant over...... I’ve got to let it go and move on.

My tip for the final Belgium v Italy

 

See how I’m feeling tomorrow and I might try to get out and start on my City to Surf training program that includes getting out on the course around New South Head Road and Heartbreak

 

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Oh so now you are saying that both teams from Ireland's group will make the final, finally admitting we had the toughest group in history

    ReplyDelete