Tuesday, February 9, 2016

HuRTS 45 minute Fartlek - 60 ON / 30 OFF.


Stunning day in the City and big numbers came out for the 45 minute Fartlek session of 60 seconds ON and 30 OFF, A little light on at the top end with #1 Hoey taking a well earned break after Saturday, No Barts or C.T whilst I think ‘The Chairman’ has gone AWOL?

Easier start to begin as I run chatting to Enda for the first 5 minutes or so before forming a nice little pack with Jeet,  Leech, Hipster Chris (who’s becoming a regular) Westpac boys Asian Dave & Steve Perry and a few others. Sat around the 3.50 pace before it slowed slightly due to the heavy crowds around the Quay and Passenger Terminal but happy to turn at 22.30 (3.55 pace) past the Crushed car further up the road by the Theatre Company.

Felt I was working the 60 seconds harder than the pack but in return they were probably stronger on the recoveries as we started to reel in the slower guys for the journey home,  Got to around the 35 minutes before it started to get tougher and the negative thoughts started to run through my head such as cutting the Fleet St steps again but dug deep and figured I’d get more out of the session just by getting it done even if I didn’t make it back to the gates.

The last hill got me before the Expressway once again and my recovery 30 seconds was little more than a power walk that was to prove the 12 seconds difference in getting back to that gates that I was short.

11.4ks all up average pace 3.58s that was a solid enough effort. I actually went through the 10k mark in 39.22, some 60 seconds quicker than I managed last Saturday – madness.  My pace dropped slightly for the return leg but in truth there was only perhaps Mike Leichwark and Jerome (right at the end) that came past me so I presume many of the others were also battling the hot conditions.

Didn’t see the faster lads Fattorini, Stankard or even Kanser return to the gates, not sure what happened to them?

 

Will be back out tomorrow for the midweek run with the team, although I will be taking it very easy as it will be the 5th day straight running.

 

Cheers

 

 

5 comments:

  1. 5th day straight? Holy Moley call the ambos. Try 45th..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5th day straight? Holy Moley call the ambos. Try 45th..

    ReplyDelete
  3. 45? good effort mate, just think how many you'd have to do if you ever took out a HuRTS award at the end of season presentation night?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Job Timmy. Mentally tough in training makes you stronger in the races.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pushed a little bit too hard on the way out, and had to stop with gut issues at 44 min at the Art Gallery. Tough session this one. I don't think I've ever got it right and made it back to the gates.

    ReplyDelete