Sunday, February 21, 2016

24ks Sunday Long Run.


No Ho, Jeet, Leech, Corky this morning of the regulars and when Enda’s ‘glass back’ went that prevented him from running we were left with a smaller team of only about a dozen for the Sunday long run.

A few beers Saturday arvo, late night watching footy and not much sleep I wasn’t really in the mood but actually got there 20 minutes early that enabled me to do a flat lap of nearly 4ks before we set off for the usual 6k loop. ‘The Sweaty Sock’ Craig Wiseman upset our Olympian at the start and we basically didn’t see her again for the next 2 hours, whilst Kansers confidence hits new bounds as he continues his war of words on what he’s going to do me come the Canberra Half.

Steady pace as we collected the later arrivals at 7am at the cafe that included Frenchie Jerome and a couple more before doing the 10k loop, ticking along nicely until the furthest turnaround point at the racecourse before I sensed the pace quicken that saw both Kanser and I fall out the back. Stepped it up and all of a sudden we were moving closer to 4.15 -4.20s, with the Sweaty telling me back at the cafe that the last was 4.09.

With 20ks on the clock  and the group pretty much done I enlisted the help of the talented Frenchman to keep it honest with another flat lap at sub 4 minute pace and he was more than happy to oblige.  Went through the first K in 4.02, then 8 minutes for the two and somehow managed to kick it down even further around the tougher park of the park at Fox Gates to finish averaging 3.57s

24ks done for the day averaging 4.29s in 1hr.45 – probably best I’ve run and felt this year, and got me thinking I should drink more on Saturday and watch even more footy as it did the trick.

 

A few afternoon beers with the ‘Love Doctors’ Craig and Victoria around Surry Hills, with Jeet joining in the banter later although NO sign of Pommy Paul Birch who I hear has gone and got himself engaged. Pretty low key affair by all accounts, (Taffy actually enquired ‘Who is HE’ when told). That small I didn’t even receive an invite, either that or it got lost in pretty much the same way my NOTB ‘Indian Curry Night’ did?

 

Rest day Monday, but will be back for another big week on Tuesday, Heard it’s going to be high 30s so may take the early morning option to avoid the heat.

78ks done for last week recorded.

 

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment