Friday, January 22, 2016

St Peters Park Run - 18.30 5th Overall.


Another rush around to make the St Peter’s  Park Run on a killer of a hot and humid morning and  rocked up to find HuRTS Nick Roberts, C.T (in the middle of his long run) and a nice surprise to see the ‘Mermaid’ Emma looking good with bub #2 not that far away. No sign  of Fats though after he laid the bet on Thursday deciding to sleep in and sending Mrs Fats over to race instead (that has now cost him $20 for the privilege) . A talented Stankard was out, although it was ‘Angel Ange’ doing the hard yards whilst I have it on good authority that Enda was training on hills earlier (although he’ll tell you he’s done no training )

C.T said prior he was only going to run around 19 minutes and with me running 18.20 last week I tried to get him to run with me, but didn’t seem that keen. So I took off with him somewhat behind,  Fast first k and go through in 3.26 with C.T then sitting right on my shoulder, slow it down a little after that and happy to see the 2nd go through in 3.37 The first girl (no idea who) comes past with a kid about 12 soon after and just at the start of the hill C.T makes his move and tells me to stick with him. Easier said than done, as I’ve goneski and offer nothing once again as I get to the top.  A slight increase in pace coming down the other side but disappointed to see a 3.57 go through for the 3rd.

Survival mode from here on in I’m afraid, somehow make the 4th respectable but the final one was ugly as I cross out in 18.30 – some 10 seconds slower than last week and one place down in 5th for my troubles.

Ugly splits were; 3.26, 3.37, 3.57, 3.41, 3.49

Apart from the 1st kilometre I never felt good at all, not looking for excuses but the humidity was the major concern not only for me but for most by the way everyone came over the line and I doubt there were many PBs flying around today.

C.T ended up putting 16 seconds into me over  2.5ks (18.14) and I bet he was just holding a steady pace throughout and Nick Roberts took the win with a time of 16.53

I was hoping ‘Prince Ho’ was going to come out and pace me for the morning, but that was a NO go as he decided to walk his dog instead – I think he must have known something?

 

Overall disappointed, but we keep plugging on.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment