Monday, November 2, 2015

Melbourne Cup - McKay 800s


Monday. After a massive weekend I was looking for an easy swim recovery to start the week, but that was soon put to bed when ‘Curly’ Angus, Crossy Lad and Pete Walker rocked up along with Champ and Kroney. Tried to suggest a less stressful set that included 3 x 200s, 8 x 50s and 3 x200s

Pretty quick with the 200s all done in just over 3 mins for me with the front guys going closer to 2.50-2.55

 

Tuesday, With Melbourne Cup Day I put a call out to some of the Eastside Elites to hit down to McKay Oval first up for a series of 800s. Men in form C.T, Fenton, Irish’s finest Kanser, Birchy and ladies Sonii and Ruth all answered the call and Kanser surprised everyone with his time keeping. Birchy and the girls has started earlier due to work commitments so J-Fen and I started the first rep together whilst Kane was still patting himself on the back coming to terms with rocking up on time.

On the money for the first with a 2.38 before Kanser sat on my shoulder for the next couple, with C.T miles ahead. Never felt good at any stage (think the weekend may have had something with that?) but was still running under 2.40s that’s always a positive sign for me.

Times for the day – 2.38, 2.36, 2.36, 2.38, 2.38, 2.38

Once again the times were OK but felt nowhere near as strong as I did two weeks back when the Prince joined us.

 

The two front boys were flying and all of a sudden I’m starting to think they could turn a few of the more fancied HuRTS runners over next week in the JP Morgan? Old Kanser was giving it large ones 4 weeks back whilst at Wildman Stevie T’s leaving do, but he doesn’t sound as confident as the race gets closer in beating me now?

 

Was going to post a full report and photos from last Saturday’s epic Oktoberfest party but due to the Melbourne Cup calling me that will have to be held over till tomorrow. I think  I’ve got the winner today and hopefully I can snag that trifecta.

Timmy’s Tip -  Trip to Paris

Best E/W Roughie shot – Big Orange (50/1)

 

Good luck to all , and if I’m not at training on Thursday, then you’ll know I’ve got the trifecta up and will be found in the Caribbean somewhere.

 

 

Cheers

1 comment: