Thursday, November 12, 2015

A.B.C Biathlon 19.29 - 4th


Pretty quiet week with NO running since Saturday although I have managed to maintain my swims up throughout the week, Went Monday and Wednesday solo and then did my big set Thursday morning with a little help knocking out 3ks that included what at times felt like about 500 – 100m efforts going every 1.45 on the clock.

 

Thursday evening it was down to the A.B.C for the regular Biathlon and I took a mate who runs similar to me but is a gun in the pool who I thought may take out the outright win. Normal frantic start and by the time the first hill comes at 500m I’m already puffing as HuRTS guy Mike Leichwark pulls away, Two more guys ahead who I don’t know and I have my mate who is just happy to sit on my shoulder the whole way

Through the first k in 3.35 and soon after find myself going past a lad who’s made the rookie shoelace error, Up to 3rd and then couldn’t believe Mike had the same issue just before the flyover and by the time he’s fastened them I’ve gone past him as well.  Wasn’t to last long though as he came back strong and took me before the turn as I heard the guy call out 7.09 at the half way mark.

Usual ‘Let’s bring it home strong’ thought as mate Nick was still breathing down my neck that was at least keeping me honest for the return.

Managed to get to the gate in 14.07 that I was pretty happy with all things considered as I told Nick I’d done my job for him and now it was up to him to swim the others down. Unlike last week I went past the usual rival within the first 70 metres and from that point it was just the usual 5 minute swim time – although it does feel easier these days and I don’t feel as I’m if drawing my last breath throughout.

Stop the clock in 19.29 for my fastest time of the season by 6 seconds that I’m happy with.  Find out Nick couldn’t reel HuRTS Mike in who took the win in 18.47 (Nick 18.51) with 3rd home in 19.15

Another solid 20 minute workout and although not running as much it should keep me sharp over the shorter distances

The 5 race times for the season so far have been. 19.35, 19.52, 19.45, 19.38, 19.29

Can I get back in the low 19s before the end of the year ? Hoping so , although won’t be next week as we have the big HuRTS presentation on so it may have to wait till the following Thursday.

 

Congratulations to ALL that did the popular JP Morgan run on Wednesday, as predicted some fast times from the team with 8 from the top 10 positions filled by the guys.  First home (and 2nd overall) was ‘Special Q’ – Quentin who ran a cracker to take down Barts who many were thinking was unbeatable this year.

 

Big weekend once more, No premiership this week although England take on Spain in an International friendly, Won’t be much in this one – Timmy’s Tip

Spain 1 vs. England 1

 

In a game with more riding on it, the Irish take on Bosnia for a spot at Euro 16.  No joy for the Green Men in this one sorry to say

Take the home side Bosnia to win 2-0

Super excited as despite good mate Slim Sammy Aggers not even being in the country, I’ve managed to score an invite to the North Shore Curry Night at Manly  thanks to Ireland’s toughest Man Macca. Will venture over for a few beers and a good ‘Ruby’. No doubt it won’t be a late one mind and I hope they don’t start falling asleep at the dinner table when it gets to about 10pm.

 

Will get the running back on track next week

 

Have a good weekend

Train well, stay safe

Cheers

 

3 comments:

  1. So does this mean all the crying and "my career is over" comments can stop now?
    I'm surprised you got an invite to the NS with all your whining this week.
    I expect you to pick up the game again now - there's no crying in Hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear Crossy. Shocking behaviour from Timmy this week. I just hope the punters recognised this in HuRTS voting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, Spare Me gentlemen Please, .... Oh Yes the punters will recognise OK, Surely City to Surf run in August will get many a vote for Performance of the Year in such circumstances?

    ReplyDelete