Tuesday, November 17, 2015

HuRTS Fartlek 40 minutes 60 sec ON / 30 OFF


Big turnout as I returned after a self imposed  break but none of the fast guys around for the 45 minute Fartlek session on a hot day.  Knew I wasn’t in any kind of form but settled with a  decent group on the way out with Angus, Toby, Brucie, Champagne, Richie Mullaney, Leech and a few others. Was working around the 3.50 pace for the first 15-16 minutes until the busy O.H and Quay area where I lost touch with the group. Started to struggle at the even busier Passenger Terminal and once I was under the bridge with the clock on 21 minutes I stopped for a breather.

Pete Walker did the same once he caught up with me and after I saw Charlie,  Ronnie Biggs and there group I decided to tag on for the tough return leg. Felt terrible and the cordoned off O.H with barricades didn’t help matters in trying to pass people. Managed to get around to Mrs Macs Chair before the faster guys started to fly by but once I’d got to 10ks just before the final hill near the flyover I was kaput.....  and done for the day.

Not what I was looking for but 10k done all the same in just under 40 mins, averaging 4 min/ks.

 

First real sign of summer today and it’s predicted for high 30s for the rest of the week, A rest day/ swim will be the order of the day tomorrow but Thursday’s session could be a killer one.

 

Thursday is all set for the HuRTS presentation evening, always one of the best nights where we reward those fine runs for the year over a few beers. Already looking forward to see who has scooped the Big One and more important who has Under Achieved for the year.

 

Cheers

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment