Friday, April 17, 2015

Saturday Stroll with Sonya.

Ended up taking Friday as a rest day and with the change of weather missed the Friday swim, I did however keep my Acupuncture booking and felt great once I’d been needled.
Once all finished work on Saturday I caught up with Sonii Van Beek for a couple of easy laps in a busy Centennial Park. Pace was only around 5 min/ks but more than happy with that seeing I’m racing in the morning. Just under 40 minutes for the day.
I did see Dave ‘Kanser’ Kane hovering around the cafĂ© area in his NEW ‘Wiggle’s like ‘Purple Pullover’ with the words ‘Justice Crew’ plastered all over it ……… not sure what that’s all about?

Busy weekend yet again, especially with the Kurnell Tri in the morning – looking forward to it and if I can get anywhere near the time I did last race then I’ll be a happy bunny. Managed to get a whopping 10 minutes start from ‘Good Guy’ Crossy Lad for the last one. I think he’s wised up this time around  and all he’s agreed to this time is a more competitive 3.30 start for me, Think it will be close.

On the betting side, I nearly forgot in all the excitement of drinks last Sunday night the following has been locked in

$20 Dave Kane – State 10k, + 35 seconds my way.
$20 Paul Birch – SMH Half -  -3.30 agreed to give to him
$20 Tommy H – State 10k -  +4min.45secs  my way
$20 Tommy H – State 10k -  He’s backed Laura James to beat me off scratch
$20 Crossy Lad  - Kurnell Tri - + 3.30 my way
Enda Stankard – Still BANNED

*** Still to confirm $20 Taffy James for the State 10k , I’ve tabled a 40 second start for him, and he’s now in consideration mode.

Premier footy continues tonight and with only about 5 games to go, Stoke entertain Southampton at the home of footy, The St’s have been the surprise team of the season and this game really is a ‘flip flop’ match …. With both teams already thinking about the summer holidays with nothing to play for.
I’d normally take the Potters to win these but I’ll sit on the fence with this one.
Timmy’s tip Stoke 1 v Southampton 1

Have a great weekend
Train well , stay safe
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment