Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2 x 3ks Centennial Reps

Mikey bailed on me so was just out with Sharonne early doors and after a flat lap warm up it was time for the 3k efforts once more. Knew I was struggling for time to get all 3 done so was looking at 2 decent reps of similar pace for the morning.
After a busy week or so, I was keen not to go out to fast and soon settled going through the first 1k in 3.36, Its around the 2.5k mark that it normally gets tough so had to stay focused coming around near the Fox gates before stopping the watch in 10.50
A 700m float back to the café and it was more of the same for the second, pretty much identical at every split, but somehow lost 3 seconds somewhere as I crossed out in 10.53
Pretty happy with that though all things considered – averaging 3.37s
Jumped on the bike for an easy 20k after as I saw some of HuRTS boys doing a session led out by C.T, and I didn’t miss the opportunity to hurl some abuse Bart’s way J

Last day of the year tomorrow and will be out for an easy 12k or so early doors to finish of a satisfactory year.
Will also post up my Year in Review and how it all panned out over the 12 months, the highs and the lows.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment