Sunday, October 19, 2014

Swimming with the Duathlon Champ Crossy.

Bloody cold and blowing a gale to start the week as I headed to the pool in order to get my swimming season started.
Very small crowd indeed today with only Crossy and the Leech to keep me honest, with Lady Laura doing her own 1k rep in the next lane. With a biathlon coming up on Thursday I picked what I thought would be a good session in preparation and went with 6 x 300m. Pretty much struggled on each one as both the boys were always about 12 -15 seconds ahead on each meaning I was swimming solo for the whole set.
Times weren’t good (in fact they were bloody terrible) but at least they were consistent.  Tommy H used to reckon he needed a 60 second buffer on the run leg in order to hold me off in the water, but in the present state I reckon he could be only 20 seconds ahead and would still beat me.
I might go cap in hand and see if he will take pity on me and call on his generous nature to see if he will offer me a handicap start to even things up ?

Back out with the boys tomorrow for one of my favorite sessions that is the 14 x 3 minute efforts, although I’ll call it now and say I won’t be doing all 14 reps.

Congrats to Andy Cross who took out and WON the Oceania /Australia Duathlon Championships in Adelaide on the weekend, another champ in our ranks – great effort Crossy

Was enjoying my regular Sunday beers up the local boozer yesterday when who walks in to settle all outstanding debts…… Dave Kane. Yes Kanser is a man of his word and after failing to show for the recent Striders 10k where I was giving him 45 seconds start he came to pay up.
You can tell he’s running more and is getting confident as he started to tell the pub that he would smash me in the upcoming J.P Morgan race off scratch. So the next wager has been made for that one.

Kanser settling his debts, think he's keen to get it back come J.P.Morgan time though.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment