Sunday, June 29, 2014

Running Royalty with Wellings, Farmer ......and Bray.

Still felt less than ordinary as I met a massive gang at 6.30am that included Barts, C.T , Birchy, Jeet, Corky. Elle, Renee, Enda, Super Kev, The Shire’s #9 Damo Bray and leading 5000m Comm. Games girl Eloise Wellings gracing us with her presence before flying out to Glasgow this week. The sight of the morning being Jeet who despite it been pitch black at 6.20 had his sunglasses ON…..What’s that about?
Worked the normal 6k loop around the 4.36 pace before returning to the cafĂ© and setting off on the 2nd loop, Only did 4ks with the team as I cut short as I had to meet another group (with clients) as a final hit out before the Gold Coast. Another big group this one and even found myself running alongside Pat Farmer who was talking about his latest ‘Middle East Peace Run’ over 1500ks that he recently completed.
Did the outside fence of the park that works out being a 7k loop, pace was nice and easy for this one – around the 4.50 mark before my GPS watch battery was to die on me. One of the girls then wanted to do the last 7ks at her marathon race pace (4.30per/k) and asked if I would run it with her. She wasn’t messing around either knocking out some of the faster sections around 4.15s that saw me battle to hold even that pace.
Still 24ks all up – pretty stoked with that all things considered. Never felt that good at any stage of the morning to be honest and will need to cut right back this week to give myself half a chance of getting a decent run on the Coast on Sunday.

So it was a case of running with royalty this morning, Eloise, then Pat Farmer and to cap it all nice to see a return of Damo Bray to the team, who continues to be baffled at his slid down the Shires rankings (not my fault more people from that neck of the woods keep joining us)

Afternoon beers were on once again, and it was to take something special to get me out of my Inner West Sanctum, and so it was over to Bondi for a young man’s birthday. Got on the “ A list’  from Cillian Stankard to help celebrate his 2nd birthday. Good team in attendance with Kanser, Super Kev, PLOD and Cement Hanley all getting in on the act as I had to settle my outstanding bets care of England’s horror show at the World Cup over the past 2 weeks.

A bit on the dark side (still didn't stop Jeet with his glasses) the team BEFORE todays start.


And then the 2nd group, with Pat Farmer (centre), all heading to the Gold Coast next week.


How should i see loitering around the cafe? Kenny on his bike, asking if it was his 'Right Side'? Answer..NO.



Settling debts time with Paul 'Cement' Hanley & Enda Stankard, thanks England once again :(



Man of the Moment -Cillian Stankard on his 2nd Birthday with proud parents Angel Ange and Enda.



Yep, its not been out for a while BUT Mrs PLOD was telling me yesterday that she have NEVER seen, So i have to keep my readers happy.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment