Tuesday, June 24, 2014

HuRTS 4 x 10 minute Efforts (2 mins Rec)

Friday – Met up with the proper Irish #1 in Robbie Neil who after a weekend in Tassie from our touring trip agreed to join me for a session and he helped me knock out 5 x 1k reps at McKay Oval Centennial Park. Felt pretty good on the first rep with Robbie pushed me to a 3.19
Held the pace for the remaining, with Robble helping out and joining in on each set at the 400m mark to keep me honest.
Great session and will try to get him back out for more in the future.

Tuesday. – Had not done a Tuesday session with the boys for weeks so after a monster weekend away down the South Coast playing golf I thought I’d go in and do the hard yards as penance to atone for my sins. The session was 4 x 10 minute efforts. A good team out with #1 Tuckey starting to put together some stronger runs leading from the front, with Tommy H & Quinton taking the softer option of an easier session and good to see Taffy Jimmy back into it after his recent break to the ‘Valleys’
Felt OK going out on the easier part (downhill’s) even leading with Tucks (well for the first 90 seconds) before some of the quicker guys got into their stride and came by, Managed to keep it pretty even and was short of the stone gates at the 10 minutes by about 150m (?) averaging around the 3.44 per/k mark
I knew the return was tougher so had to dig in and felt it pretty much on the hills so was delighted to get back with 5 seconds to spare.
The 3rd rep is always the killer so I backed off slightly with the pace down from the first but was still holding my form and running OK. I had a word with the Chairman in the break and asked him if he could help out and get me home for the final rep? After he managed to finish his conversation with Razor Wareham I got his attention and he did as asked and he earned his pay for the day – sheltering me from the headwind on the way down to MMC and pulling me up the tougher sections of the hills. Very happy to then get back to the Stone Gates in 9.36 with still 24 seconds up my sleeve
Average pace per set and distance covered;
3.44 per/k – 2.7ks
3.43 per/k – 2.7ks
3.49 per/k – 2.6ks
3.42 per/k – 2.6ks (home in 9min36)

Good session done, and happy to get through it especially the second half of the set.

Well it would be amiss of me NOT to mention the footy World Cup – although Enda Stankard seems to have said enough for the whole HuRTs team with a constant barrage of abuse and opinions especially when it comes to his views on the English team.
Yes, It’s been very disappointing tournament from the lads, and I won’t hide from the fact we are simply NOT good enough on the World Stage. Although in truth the two games that we lost against the Italians and Uruguay were close and could have gone either way but that’s football.
I have watched loads of the games but in all honesty I haven’t seen the Aussies in action – by all accounts they did well and showed a bit of grit …………..But the gap in terms of class and skill levels they are still a worlds apart from testing the big names of the game.
There has been some cracking games, and a few teams have impressed me , the Dutch have been the most impressive although I love the way the Mexicans and Columbia play the game. My tip at the start Argentina have not hit their straps yet so watch out for them come the knock out stages.
As I’ve said Enda has been very vocal lately on all subjects and it must be costing him a small fortune at ‘Rebel Sports’ buying all these jerseys in an attempt to jump on the bandwagon? It’s embarrassing to listen to him and I’m actually embarrassed FOR him as his hatred for the English is comical. It took fellow Irishman Kanser to give him a serve last week to make him pull his head in and to put him in his place.  Kudos to Kanser on that score ;)

Will be back out tomorrow for the Thursday HuRTS set down at Rushcutters

More footy tonight
If you are looking for a tip?
Back Argentina to beat Nigeria 2-1 with my man Aguero getting a brace J

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment