Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wednesday Run Surf Run Session

With no sign of any of the Hardmen running around the park this morning except T.B (and there was no way I was going to put my overweight belly against his shirtless rig) I cycled into town to meet the Chairman for a midweek run to the seaside.
Some of the boys have been doing the run to Bondi having a surf then running back to the City over the past few weeks. So after alerting via S.M.S the Bondi Rescue Boys on Surf Watch Tommy and I headed out on a cracker of a day. Nice easy pace to be honest around the 4.50per/k mark taking 40 odd minutes to reach the beach before diving in to the refreshing water. Caught a few waves before retracing our steps back into town, Struggled a little on the way back especially coming out of Double Bay on the hill into Edgecliff, but I think the Chairman took pity on me and was happy to run at my pace today to finish the 17.5k together in a time of 1hr: 24 average pace of 4.50s
Met the Taffy Lad at the end who was also out for a trot around the Domain and good to hear I wasn’t the only one struggling on Saturday morning after a night out on the town on Friday.
Shattered now and the ride home was a tough one that seemed to take an eternity.

Not sure what the HuRTS set is tomorrow, might give it a miss if it’s a tough one.

Read Enda’s been posting on the blog accusing me of ‘cooking the books’??? Is he for real? the reason he has given me 4 minutes in the first place is because of my LACK OF FORM, and not to mention the fact that he is training with world Ironman champion Chris’ Macca’ McCormack whilst in Hong Kong. The mans a fool!



Tommy H got to Bondi in fine form - Unfortunately his swimming skills haven't improved much. The Bondi Rescue Boys were busy and can be seen on Channel 10 on April 17 on Tom's rescue for the day.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment