Monday, March 10, 2014

Running with Vlad the Destroyer.

Fresh from his weekends win in the Port Macquarie Half Marathon I enlisted the help of Vlad who I saw roaming around the park this morning. Had a good chat with him and after telling me about his 67 minute winning time (first 10k in 31.40 then backed off) he agreed to help me out with a tempo session that I had planned. Hate these at the best of times so I would have been silly not to take the opportunity to run with one of Sydney’s finest.
Session was 4 x 8 minute efforts with a 90 second break in between each and it was agreed NOT to run them flat out but more tempo and controlled pace. Felt OK on the first but when was working a lot harder then I should have been on the 2nd rep on the tougher section of the park, Easier section made the 3rd rep the fastest of the day but when it came around to starting the 4th in proximity of the Fox Studio Gates part of the park it was a massive battle to hold the pace.
Great session with 32 minutes of solid running, the first two reps were identical in time, the 3rd the fastest by 2 seconds per/k but I did lose it by the same margin on the 4th.
I know I say it plenty of times but I really DO NEED to do more of these sessions J

Cheers


If ANY of you (apart from Master Sweeney) can remember any of the above then i may have played footy with you.
I think David 'Kanser' Kane fell into #1 and #8 on the list if my memory recalls :)



Vlad Shatrov fresh after winning the Port Macquarie Half Marathon on the weekend


Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Jumpers for goalposts!
    Marvelous!
    Isn't it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodeoxIxCzw

    ReplyDelete