Sunday, March 30, 2014

Medium Monday Run and Swim

Due to the lack of ks yesterday I had to back up today on what is normally a recovery day. To complement only 10k on the Sunday I thought I’d do the 2 x 6k Woollahra Hill loops within Centennial Park and pick the pace up if I could.
Felt pretty good early on and soon settled into a nice pace and rhythm working around 4.23s per/k, even if the pace did drop around the 700m hill area. Happy to complete the lap in 26.17 (4.23 per/k) before going on and trying to get faster on the 2nd. The first 2k is pretty flat so easy to maintain a good even pace, worked harder to hold coming around the Fox Studio gates area and knew then I had to keep it together for one final climb up the hill
Once at the top I brought it home strongly to stop the clock in 24.50 (ave 4.08 per/k) with the final 6k splits as, 4.00, 4.06, 4.09, 4.07, 4.34, 3.52 (not hard to see where the hill was)
51.08 All up for the 12ks
Also did 6k @ 7 min/ks as well with clients beforehand to make it 18 for the day.

Lunchtime despite feeling tired I ventured into town for the Monday swim , and apart from the first 500m rep I was never at the races, Good crew out today with even Champagne Charlie, Super Kev & Brendan returning to the pool after a few weeks break. No sign of Elan though so it was left to Coach Pete Walker to lead the team out with the impressive Emma not far behind.
Did 8.20 for the first 500, but stood at the end of the pool whilst the rest of the boys went about the next 200. I thought I was Razor Wareham at one point just ducking in and doing the odd set here and there with no real structure. More then  pretty happy to finish off with a few 100m reps before sitting on deck side sampling another Sydney day.
If the running was solid, the swimming was bloody shocking.

Pretty tired now and need to back up tomorrow with a tough session around the park first up in the morning.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment