Sunday, December 22, 2013

BRAT Triathlon Heffron - 67.32

Horrific conditions for the BRAT Sprint Triathlon down at Heffron park this morning, Near 30 degrees, winds and very humid (again refer The Flakes blog for full weather details)
Had a late night so decided against the early long run with the boys preferring the more suitable time of 10.30am for a decent hit out – although had to pay the consequences for it over the next 60 minutes or so. Big fields although in truth I didn’t really know anyone bar gun swimmer Aaron Cook, and old mate and sometimes HuRT boy Jason Hayden as well as the oldest swinger in town Johnny Hill.
Pretty much just sat on someone’s feet for the whole 750 swim today and never felt as if I was pushing to hard, having said that it certainly wasn’t what I’d call easy as I come through for transition with a time of 12.40. Messed around then for an age before heading out for the 20k bike leg and seemed to struggle pretty much from the word go today. The top half a dozen cyclists were long gone and I seemed to be at times just to trundle around. On the back straight was worse when the winds got up and I was more then happy to get off the bike in and around the 34 minute mark.
Had Cookie and Hayden about a minute or two ahead I reckoned as I went out for the 5k run and tried to lift especially for the first 2.5k loop before realizing that I wasn’t making up much ground at all and I was starting to hurt big time as the effort started to go downhill pretty quickly.
Think I stopped the watch for the 5k run in about 18.38 that gave me a finishing time of 67.32 – slower then normal but that would be the same for everyone in such harsh conditions.
No official results are up yet, but will post when they become available.
Absolutely shattered by the end and it really was big week training for me, with running, swimming and even getting back out on the bike towards the end of the week.

Sunday Rant, Now, what is it with some of these BRAT people who come down to the club races spouting off about all these races they have done and have all the ‘Bells & Whistles’ on  not to mention the 15k bikes (but can’t ride them) and are kitted out in full suit with there names plastered all over there fat @r$es….seriously some of them were struggling to swim 20 minutes for the 750 swim today but to listen to them talk at the end you’d think they were up against the Brownlee brothers. Honestly, if they trained harder rather then posing around they would go much better. Call me grumpy and not in the spirit of things but c’mon people ‘get with the program, and for GODS sake STAY LEFT when cycling around the damn 2k technical course…OK, rant over, J

I think that pretty much wraps it up for me re training for this side of Xmas, although will try to fit one more swim in tomorrow sometime – especially as its due to hit in the 30s once more.


Great result in the overnight footy with the Stoke boys giving it to the Villa – even sent Enda a text to let him know, although I did also tell him to get on the Potters and that Crouch would bag the winner ……..Hope he took my advise J

Jeez, these Sunday arvo beers have never tasted so good J
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. You've got to question the wisdom of 4 speed sessions in 6 days.... in the off-season!?
    And you'll wonder why you're injured in a months time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky I wasn't there Timbo, they had to use size 8 font to get my name on my gear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz, with an @r$e your size mate you could have the Welsh name Llanfairpwllgwyngyll printed on and there would still be room :)

    ReplyDelete