Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Struggling Brick.

Out in the freezing cold for my group early followed by the normal Wednesday Brick session with Roger. Saw Ronan waiting by the cafe again for the late Kanser, who i hasten to add is looking very tired these days (do hope he's not over doing it?), Even saw the 'Hardmen' of the park , PLOD, Clyde and J.C (the original hard man) flying around.
Felt very tired and heavy legged this morning and adding to the cold weather i just didn't want to be there today and in turn wasn''t at the races so to speak. Another set of Single and Double Laps on the bike and i was struggling to keep it under 6.25 today. As for the run i had no choice but  to take it easy and knocked out 3.45s per k.
Managed to work my way through the session and was looking forward to the final double lap on the bike to get it over and done with, but when the 'Lollipop Man' fully stopped me in my tracks for the trees works going on it was the 'straw that broke the camels back ' for me and finally put me out of my misery for the morning as i laboured home after that.
Big week of training for me so far and its only Wednesday, I think that BRAT race actually took more out of me then i thought especially after a couple of big social nights out on the town.
Absolutely wrecked today now and will try to freshen up over the next 3 days before the Striders 10k race at North Head come Saturday.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment