Thursday, July 6, 2017

Rushcutters 3k & 1k Reps

Happy to forgo the Thursday swim set as the birthday celebrations continued, this time with a big brekkie and yet another cake that was a nice gesture from my clients.
After adding an extra 3 kilos to my ever growing girth I headed down to Rushcutters after getting a 'special' invite from the top HuRTS kids on the block Scotty and Barts. Also honoured were Lady Laura keeping me honest, C.T, Lewis and some other guru named Jake that looked pretty handy as well?
Set was called that included a 3k to start with and it was the old 1k loop from way back, happy to keep it pretty even although I felt I was working far too hard on the 3rd and final lap. A 10.44 effort averaging 3.35s was a pass mark but as soon as the 1k broken reps were next up I was battling.
400m hard/200 easy/400m hard was the go and couldn't match the 2nd effort with my first on the 4s but still stopped the clock for 3.29
Second go was basically a repeat and when the body started to tighten up that was my way of telling me not to be a hero and to call it quits for the day.
2k Warm Up,
3k Effort in 10.44
2 x 1k in 3.29, 3.28 (400s in 74 &78)

Tough enough, especially after the weekends run and the past 4 days, although you'd not think so watching the lads blast around, I think the 5th rep they did was in about 3.06 to be honest and I remember a few years back when former favourite Tucks left that the boys (Tom, Barts, Q) took it up another level, well I think its been raised even further these days with the introduction of Scotty O and Nicky Roberts who I forget to mention yesterday as one of my runs of the day in the Goldie thanks to a 70 minute half marathon run.
Already looking forward to this years City to Surf to see what they can bash out ?

Rest day tomorrow, although taking my life at the mercy of the NOTB boys who have invited me over for an early morning swim followed by soggy rolls and lukewarm coffee. Its the brekkie I'm more worried about surviving than the swimming to be honest :)

A few more pics from the weekend.

a 70 minute half was right up there for Nicky R, seen here with #1 supporter 'Mad' Lizzy.

Taffy Jimmy and Craig.... words fail me.

Shire Head (Laura) and the Sledger (J.C) come together usually means trouble?

Solid running from Stevie Perry - 2.5? in the marathon and Jac with a 88 in the half.

Think the girls enjoyed Waxy's ?

Jac is always a good one to have out for a social night. normally drinking most under the table.

I think this was the final photo I took of the night , with Neil, Jac and Birchy.

Cheers










No comments:

Post a Comment