Friday, July 14, 2017

Back in the Saddle

With a bit of talk going on with the lads about a possible 'Head to Head' triathlon race at Nepean in October I thought I'd better take the opportunity to get the bike back out for its first outing since summer for a few laps around the park.
Cycled over then a few easy laps and even pushed a few as I sucked along on some groups wheel. Returned home with nearly 40ks done, tough enough and once City to Surf is out the way (not to mention the colder weather) I'll be keen to get the bike going again.

Today was probably the first day in about two weeks that I was starting to feel normal again so lined up an easy 10k run with Crossy Lad, basically it was a repeat of the trot we did a fortnight back around the back of Darling Harbour, Fish Markets, Blackwattle Bay and then back into the city via Anzac Bridge. Good chat and banter along the way with Crossy dressed like a Myer's dummy with his 2XU gear on from head to toe.
10ks done in 46.12 averaging 4.35s

Praying for an easy weekend coming, think I'm due one. Will try to get out tomorrow for a run then get my Sunday long going again with only 4 weeks to the big day.

Have a great weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment