Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Return as the Toon Drop


Very fitting on a day that his beloved Newcastle got relegated to the Championship in the footy that Chairman Tommy H made his first appearance back since the London illness that ruined his big day.

Smaller team today with SMH Half being run on Sunday, but good to see ‘H’ back (albeit carrying a few extra Newkie Brown Ales on him), Barts, Birch and Kanser from the old heads also showing.

7 or 8 – 400s was the call early with a 3k tempo added for all those not running on Sunday, and from the first rep I felt I was moving freely as I tucked in behind the Chairman as I came home in 72. Rolling every 2 minutes I was happy just to sit in behind both the big guns (Tom and Barts) who were obviously running at a reduced pace with only really the talented Jerome coming past on a few reps.

Held even pace for the 6 and then tried to go out hard for the last one as Jerome kicked ahead on the 7th, managed to hold for about 300m before I started to drop off, but not before I crossed out with a final 68

As always Rushcutters suits me especially with the shorter reps and I always seem to enjoy the sessions down on that oval. Feel as if I’m moving well, just need to start converting now in the important races.

Times for the day; 72, 72, 73, 72, 71, 72, 68

 

Kanser was pestering me at the end for a scratch bet again this Sunday, not sure I want to take it to be honest as he always seems to forget the previous bets he made. I have offered Birchy 4 minutes for Sunday, and asked Jeet for 5 .... but both have been slow in getting back to me.

 

Rest day tomorrow, may just fit in a swim at lunch.

 

Cheers

 

2 comments:

  1. If Jeet doesn't get under 78mins it will be seen as a failure. McMillan predicts 77:26 based on Sunday's 10km result..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavens above, It looks like i'll be needing more than 5 minutes start then?

    ReplyDelete