Monday, May 30, 2016

10 x 3 minute efforts in the Pouring Rain.


Cold, bucketing down and generally miserable but made for perfect running conditions for the HuRTS 14 x 3 minute efforts and despite the weather it couldn’t keep a big team from fronting. Nice to see Enda back, as too Kanser  and even Warrior Charlie braved the elements although no sign of Tommy H, Crossy (too cold) or Hoey (too tough), whilst the sight of the day went to Jeet who rocked up in his ‘sunnies’ (I’m sure he thinks he’s a rock star these days) ??????

Decided early if I could get through 10 all strong then I’d be happy, if not then I would do the extra 2, and from the start where I felt I was moving OK I was keen to hopefully be able to call it quits on 10.

A great little pack for me to work with that included Enda, Toby, Stevie Perry, Brucie, Super Kev, Daren Jordan, Mikey Lichtwark with Hardman Macca huffing and puffing just behind. Pretty much had the path to ourselves and we were making it through the far side gate on each rep and very happy to be able to run them all sub 3.30 pace. Made comment to Enda after the 5th that I may have pushed a little too hard in the process but somehow was able to keep the same pace for the next 5 that was pleasing.

Pace for the 10 reps were; 3.27, 3.24, 3.23, 3.20, 3.23, 3.22, 3.25, 3.23, 3.25, 3.21

My best  session to date this year.

Will ease up a little for the rest of the week now to give me half a chance going into Saturdays Striders 10k at North Head and finally breaking that 37 marker that has not been broken for over 18 months,

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment