Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday Fartlek 45 mins (60 ON /30 OFF)

Into the city earlier today and basically did a 5k warm up with a client before I met a big team for the 45 minute Fartlek session, Pretty much all the regulars in attendance and after giving some brief instructions (that nobody listens to) we were off.
Started to run with the Leech and Angus for the first 10 minutes or so but thought it was a tad quick so was delighted when ‘Allo Allo’ boy Renaud  and Jeet picked me up before the Opera Gates.  All of a sudden it seemed so much easier as we held sub 3.55 pace around the Quay and Passenger terminal.
Managed to get outside the theatre company on the 22.30 half way mark reaching 5.75ks (ave 3.55) before turning and then getting a nice surprise to see English Top Chef Ainsley Harriott standing curb side giving Jeet, Renaud and I a High 5 as we went past (Renaud had to go the extra mile and embarrass himself with a ‘selfie)
Got a good sight of Tom(who was cruising), and Pete Walker, with a big group  around the terminal & quay area and had them picked up coming back into the Opera Gates. Started to struggle with about 10 minutes to go but was keen just to hang in.  Tom was basically just running even so would come past me on my easy 30 seconds only for me to ease past on the minute efforts. Dug deep coming past the A.B.C Pool and then again for the final hill before the expressway and only just had enough left in the tank to reach the Stone Gates as the 45 minutes ticked on.
Very happy with that as I covered 11.5ks for the session in the 45 mins averaging 3.55s thanks mainly to Jeet and Renaud who hauled my fat @r$e around with them for the session.

Pretty sad start to the week yesterday as our main man Mikey Conway decided he wants a break from the HuRTS team and ‘handed his keys in’ (his words). Says after 15 years that he no longer wishes to run fast and would just prefer to train socially going forward.
I know we all have a laugh and enjoy the banter in training , but Mikey has done so much work for the team over the years in helping build a great team and social way of lunchtime running for all.
Mikey will be missed but I’m sure we’ll see him floating around keeping a watchful eye on proceedings.  
Mikey then asked me if I can fill his big shoes – OMG, sure he only offered it to me as I had more ‘cones’ than anyone else , but I’m more than happy to help out and I know we still have plenty more people who do as much and can look after when I’m not there.

Had a big Sunday over in Manly for the Mediocre /Churchill Cup drinks, a nice turnout that saw Taffy, Tom, Pommy Paul, English ‘Wannabe’ Leech, Darren & Erika Elkand and Jeet talk an afternoon of TRASH.
Seemed everyone wanted part of the Churchill and Mediocre Cups and the big talking point was that Tom is a secret Stoke fan, only to happy to parade around the pub in the red and white colours.
Some photos from a top afternoon.

Stoke fan Tommy H and I celebrating Mediocre Cup.


Churchill Cup winners, Birch, Highnam. Lindop and Jordan.


Our next genration of Churchill winners - a young Jordan.


Birchy wanted this one to send to Enda personally.


Captain and 4th overall on the day - The Chairman Tommy H.


Even the local Brazilian ladies couldn't wait to get there hands on 'Winston'.


And finally, whilst the Jordan’s arrived in the Swedish 4 wheel drive Volvo, Taffy walked, I made my way care of the Manly Ferry, Tommy H’s mode of transport was his NEW ‘Mrs Daisy’ bike ( I kid you not) … he even carried his late night kebab home in his little basket as well.

Even Erika Ekland was keen to jump on the Stoke FC bandwagon, much to hubby Darren's anger :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment