Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Double Header = Double the Pain.

A 6k warm up with a client around the Domain before the quick dash over to Rushcutters Oval for the HuRTS ‘double header’ session that was 7 x 400s and a 3k tempo.
Good showing again with front runners Barts and C.T leading the way, I once again had a nice little group with Angus and Toddie once more giving me something to work off.  Came around for the first rep with a  79 second effort and with running late I didn’t get time to lay out the cones that meant we were staying closer to the fence and running longer (445 metres) , and Barts suggested it was adding 6 seconds on to the time and who am I to argue with HuRTS #1 ?
Pretty much held the rest in and around the same time, even had the privilege to have Sammy the Salmon Johnson running beside me for most of it as he continues to improve. I was puffing pretty hard from about the 5th but was keen to hold onto Todd throughout.
Times were: 79, 79, 78, 77, 78, 79, 78
A quick 2 minute recovery and it was time for the 3k tempo, track was very slippy due to a shower prior to the set beginning, that made the sharp right turn over the bridge that much more tricky. Came through the first lap (1k) in 3.45 and was hoping that I could hold that for the remaining 2.
Drifted slightly on the 2nd but managed to keep the pace steady throughout to stop the clock in 11.17 (average 3.46s)
Although working hard and taking in the big ones, I’m pretty happy with that all things considered.

One thing I did learn today is that ‘Muscles’ Jono CAN’T COUNT – he rocks up late then says on completion of the 6th rep that he thought we were done, and then on the tempo stops after the 2nd lap saying he thought it was only 2 laps…… although the way he was puffing I don’t think he had another in him.
On current form I think he could be owing #1 Barts a few $$$$ come the end of the year, (he doesn’t stand a chance of running the time he made the bet for and he wouldn’t even break 34 minutes at the moment)

Rest day tomorrow, although will get down to the pool for the monthly 1k swim time trial. Think this could be an even harder workout then Tuesdays run set as I’ve not done a tap for the past 4 weeks in the water.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment