Friday, March 13, 2015

The Week that Was.

Sunday – Long Run, decent team out although no sign again of Stankard who it appears is still sick with worry about Macca,  I started at the earlier 6.30am time slot as I had a lot to do post run, Normal 6k loop to begin and had a good chat with Eloise and Laura throughout. Back to the café at 7am to pick up the late starters including Birchy before setting off at a faster pace for the 10k. Felt pretty good despite the race the previous day and averaged 4.27s for the morning.
16ks for the morning before a busy day ahead with a  few Sunday beers and BBQ in the afternoon.

Tuesday, With a forced rest day on the Monday I was back in the park early Tuesday and had Sharonne join me for a flat lap (4ks) followed by the tough 3 x 3ks reps with a  700m float recovery. Tried not to run them flat out but more controlled and was happy enough to keep all 3 reps within 4 seconds of each other.
15ks for the morning.

Wednesday. Early start again and planned a few easy ks with Sonya but got snubbed when she decided she preferred to head out with Pommy Birchy for a lunchtime run. Not to be deterred, I caught up with the BRAT Hardmen to whistle away a few laps, that was until they all decided to pike out and I was left to run with man in form ‘The Leech’ , had a good conversation to be honest as we talked about his upcoming Melbourne Ironman as well as the Churchill Cup (swear he wants to run for the English team?)
Cruisy morning and only 10ks in total.

Thursday. Bloody hot again as I made my way into town to the Passenger Terminal for the HuRTS 3 x 2k session. Smaller crowd today with a few doing 6ft track on Saturday, Tommy H O/S, and a few injuries it meant there was only Barts and Banksy ahead as I sat in with Irelands #1 Macca and Heyden for the first rep. Too fast for me to be honest as I once again confused my ability with ambition but was happy enough with a 6.45 finish. Macca and Heydo’s decided to go when Barts did for the 2nd rep, so that was my cue to take off as well (only getting a 1.30 break instead of the 2 mins). Tried to stay with Macca, and succeeded until the final 200m, as I crossed out losing 5 seconds to stop the clock in 6.50
Was pretty much spent after that and was going to go in the next group with Super Kev and Angus for the 3d but thought I’d take my chances again with the Mac Lad, Struggled once he broke me and basically just hung in for the final 1500 to finish it off with a 7.05
First 2 reps far too fast, but talking to Barts he reckons that you need to back yourself on these kind of sessions and see where it takes you? He was on fire once more though as he was stopping the clock around the 6.07 mark despite running from the front without anyone pushing him – impressive.
4k warm down with Barts, a couple of the Scrap Dealer (West Ham) fans,  Mr. Jordan (Erika’s hubby, -   was delighted to tell me he is now the fastest in the household) and met Jono along the way – 12ks for the day.


Friday. Down to the A.B.C Pool to finish the week, stark contrast to the previous day with cloudy and cooler temps.  Only 8 of us and was happy to sit on Super Kev and Leech’s feet for the whole set. Felt pretty good for the 2k plus session and was capped off beautifully when we paired up for the 2 x 200m relay where Crossy and I spanked the Irish pair of Leech & Super Kev to draw first blood in the annual Churchill /Sands Cup.

Good luck to all running 6ft Track on Saturday, Tucks will be out to gain some street cred, and I know two time winner and class act Fats will be out for a good one.  Keep an eye out for Quentin and Muscles (Jono) as well to run well, and old mate Taffy James despite an interrupted training program will be out to run a sub 4hr race – have a bet with him that should he break 4hrs I will wear the (dreaded) Wales Rugby jersey, and should he fail to break 4.10 then he will be in the prestigious English Red Rose one.
I think he’ll look good in an English jersey next race - J

Big weekend, in the footy Stoke travel to West Brom , tough enough and I’ll be happy to come away with the draw.
Timmy’s Tip – West Brom  1 vs. Stoke 1

Out tonight for a few drinks, so I think the Sunday run could be just a dream this week, Sunday I put my Plastic Paddy Hat on and go out and celebrate with the boys for an afternoon of ‘Guinness’ and ‘to be sure to be sure’ talk, doing my best Michael Flatley jig  all day
Always a good day and catch up with loads of friendly faces during the course of the afternoon.

Slainte


With HuRTS #1 Barts - if in doubt ...... Just ask him :)
and the 'Green Stuff' the North Shore boys drink..... very strange

No comments:

Post a Comment