Tuesday, March 17, 2015

HuRTS 8 x 5 mins on Paddy's Day

Arranged to meet Paulie Hanley for a session on the bike, but when he came back to me late last night and said he was just going for a ‘Miss Daisy’ cycle to La Perouse I thought I’d stay and work harder with the man in form Eoin ‘The Leech; Reville. Continuous 7k loops so in a group of about 6 I was pushing it just to hang on. I actually felt like the ‘Leech’ as I was unashamedly on Eoin’s wheel for the bulk of the morning.
Returned home shattered but with 57ks done.

A change of starting point for the lunchtime HuRTS 8 x 5 minute session but it didn’t deter the big crowd from the tough session. All the big guns were out, Laura and Sonya represented the ladies and even Tucks was running despite only completing the 6ft Track run 72 hours before (although not sure what he was doing – someone actually said he was ‘bird watching?)
Tucked in on the first with Brummie Richard M and Macca, working around the 3.37 mark for 5 minutes, always tougher on the hills returning but got back with 10 seconds up my sleeve that I was happy with. The two boys got away on the next rep and I found I was in a nice group  beside Jeet, Razor, Angus,  Renaud, and solo Irishman for the day Super Kev hitting the same mark. Only got back with about 4 seconds remaining as I was starting to feel the pace.
Seemed to fade on the 3rd rep but amazingly I was getting to the same point each time on the outward journey and holding to get back under the allocated 5 mins. Had thoughts of only doing the 6 but pulled together enough in the 90 second break to toe the line for the last rep and battled hard to stay close to Angus Boyd. Really tried to push it home for the final part of the session and both Jeet and I kept each other honest coming over the flyover for the final run in 90 seconds although ‘Big Clarke’ came flying past as if we were standing still.
Bloody tough old session but a good one all the same , made so much harder on the returns with those hills but really happy to hold 3.37s-3-38s throughout hitting 1.4ks for each rep
11.4ks for the session and somehow got my watch to read heart rate as well – Average was 152 and Max 176, So I really was working hard.

As mentioned earlier only Super Kev out today from team Ireland due to the others all in the boozer celebrating St Paddy’s Day, although my spies did spot a few friendly faces around, check what I’ve been sent.
He may not have made the run training but Enda did find time to get to the pub on his bike.

Seriously, you can't take the boys anywhere.


... and, 'to be sure to be sure' - doing my bit for the Irish community.

Slainte.



2 comments:

  1. Young Timmy I'm not sure about that look , its more like Alf Garnet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete