Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Swimming and Easy 200m Running Efforts

Down to the P.A.P Pool at first dawn, and found just enough time to do a 200m warm up before doing a 1k straight and a 200 cool down. I find swimming solo so much harder than when I’m with the guys and so it showed in the times knocked out. Although I wasn’t killing myself I still felt I was working hard enough and touched out in 17.54  (last week’s T/T was 16.48)
Short on time after so had to run close to home this morning, went over to the ‘Alan Davidson Oval, within Sydney Park, home of Saturday  Park Runs, Absolutely cracking oval and can’t believe I don’t use it more as it rivals Rushcutters easily.  With the Striders race on Saturday I was keen not to overcook it so after a 1k warm up I stole a session I did with Barts and Tom before J.P Morgan  and just did some 200s.
Basically it was 200m hard, 200m float x 10 – more strides then pushing it too hard coming in mostly on 38 seconds, with the final one 35.
Had words with one women whose little rat like yappy dog got under my feet at one stage that I wasn’t  happy about and could have done without, and had I not been so mild mannered it could have easily been booted row Z in the nearby pavilion.
1k cool down for an easy 6ks for the morning.

Being honest I’ve not trained too bad since the start of the year, and done all the sessions and work so fingers crossed I can hopefully put a marker in the sand for this week’s Homebush 10k.
Since the last entry Tommy H has come to the party and offered me a 3.20 start (still won’t be enough),so hoping I can break 37 mins to stand half a chance? It’s normally a close run thing between us so we’ll have to see how it pans out?
Another bet you may have seen (if you managed to stay awake and got past Toms first paragraph on his blog) is that I have taken Enda to beat Irelands toughest (and #1 runner) Macca in the same race. I must have rocks in my head, but surely the man with the biggest VO2 Max in the team can pull something out the bag and help me out with this one?  Let’s just pray he can stay on course and awake this time around.

BIG NEWS coming out the Irish camp regards the Churchill / Sands Cup, It’s not official yet so I won’t spill the beans and will hold off for now – but hell if this is true it could have a major bearing on the outcome, Stay tuned

Out tomorrow for the Friday lunchtime swim at the A.B.C with the team, might go easy as all roads head out to our glorious West on Saturday for the 10k

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment