Sunday, February 1, 2015

Over the Bridge to Manly.

Sunday, Missed my Sunday long run for the 2nd week in a row as I tried to balance out a little triathlon training so ventured out on the bike first up. Pretty easy to be honest and did 40ks in the park before getting off and then trying to find the team on the run. No joy though so it was an easy 35 mins ambling around. Did see Fats flying past at one stage though, seems as if he’s got a new training partner ??
A quick trip home then it was time to get the passport out, change some dollars up and head over the bridge  to the North Shore for the ‘Cole Classic’ swim that was taking place in Manly/Shelley Beach. I hadn’t pre- registered and after I didn’t see anyone over there I just jumped in the water and did an easy 15 min or so staying close to the sheltered Shelley Beach. Only saw David (?) from the HuRTS team, good runner who is running near me at training (36 min – 10k he says) but is an even better swimmer, coming in around the 31 minutes for the 2k yesterday (rumor was he used to swim with Hackett and company years ago and swum 15.30 for 1500m??) No sign of any of the North Shore runners, I tried to get in touch with the Chairman but I heard him and the boys were sitting in the Coles car park on Pittwater Water, noses up some car exhaust taking in the fumes?
So after a few hours I ventured home to safer grounds.

Monday. No Sunday arvo beers this week so was up bright and early and it were perfect conditions for a run, a lot cooler, raining and no humidity so tried to make up a few ks for yesterday. Just did an easy 6k first up, then worked tempo pace for 5ks – although I felt I was working harder than tempo that’s for sure. Sat on average pace of 3.45s coming in on 18.49 all up before 1k cool down
12ks for the morning , feeling good and it certainly makes it easier without the heat and humidity that we’ve had to contend with over the past 8 weeks or so.
Striders race coming up this Saturday, and just holding that pace with get me home in 37.30 , pretty much what I was running for the whole of last year so I hope I can at least knock off 30 seconds on the day to get me back in the 36s, although first race and for some reason Homebush never delivers quick times despite it being flat.
A few confirmed bets I must state;
Vs Enda at Striders Homebush +1.45 start on handicap
Vs Crossy at Kurnell Sprint Tri  +10 mins start on handicap (he is Duathlon Champ after all)
Vs Tommy H – still to be confirmed , I’m angling for a 3.30 start ??? (he will run 33.20, and me 36.50??? will be close?)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment