Monday, November 17, 2014

Fats, 'Holding Back the Years'

Monday.
Monday is normally the rest day but as I’ve pretty much done bugger all for the past week except for JP Morgan (19ks done for the whole of last week including the race) I thought I’d better get out and knockout some ks especially as I once again missed the Sunday long run with the boys.
Cracker of a morning and with fresh legs everything just felt right from the off, Decided to do 2 x the 10k loops that we do on the Sundays and straight away I was working away on 4.15s. Kept it ticking over and without really having to force it returned to the café in 42.31 (4.15s)
A quick 60 second stopover for a drink and it was out for lap 2 – Wasn’t sure what to do ? Back right off , hold the pace or try to kick it down and finish stronger ?  Without even realizing I upped the pace and was still moving well on the turnaround point (5ks) beside the racecourse. Started to feel it around the 17k mark and tightened up but was more than happy to complete the 2nd loop in 41.01 average pace of 4.05
All up 20ks average pace of 4.10s – amazing what you can do when you are fresh and not running on heavy legs?

Tuesday.
Oh dear, how things can change in just 24 hours.  Stayed in the park this morning after work as I knew I wouldn’t make it into town for the HuRTS session so caught up with friend Sharonne and after a 4k warm up decided we would do 6 x 1k reps.  Was feeling very heavy and sweating just in the warm up and the thought of 1ks didn’t excite me at all.
Haven’t done this set for a long time and  was keen to do, but straight away I knew I was in for a killer day. Worked far too hard on the first rep and stopped the clock in 3.18, and then repeated on the 2nd on the return trip back to the café. Could have happily walked away then and gone for coffee (and probably would had it not been for Sharonne) The third rep saw me running on eggshells as I lost a couple of seconds and it was all I needed to declare that the 4th would be my last for the morning.
Tried to lift for the final stint back and was happy to repeat the time from the first couple but it wasn’t pretty.
Times were . 3.18, 3.18, 3.21, 3.18
Great session normally but these days I really struggle to go back to back and yesterdays was definitely too fast, especially with speed work the following day

Another flat lap (4ks) to cool down and 12ks done for the day.
Will be back out in the morning for an easy 10ks or so and will hopefully be fresher for Thursdays 800s down on Rushcutters, another of my favored sessions.

Thursday evening is the BIG HuRTS night out for the presentation at the Tilbury Hotel, all votes have now closed and it should be a cracker of an evening, tomorrow I will give my thoughts on who I think will be the lucky recipients of the night.

Not really seen much of Tony Fats lately , no sign of him at JP, not at training and now the  TRASH can reveal why? In another major embarrassment the Chairman Tommy H could well do without before Thursday night it appears our resident ‘Ginga’ has taken to use his ‘ginger’ features to his advantage.
Not sure what Mrs. Fats will make of it all  (hopefully it was pre Amanda days)
I was sent in this about ‘Our Tony’

Tony Fats latest claim to fame ........ another shameful admission from one of HuRTS finest.


And where it all begun.

cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment